Carbon carrier waverotors

GMbusa

Even a caveman can do it.
Donating Member
Registered
I was surfing through my catalogs and noticed i sell carbon bodied waverotors. I figure these would be an ultimate brake upgrade but i question the streetability of them. Day in day out, would they hold up?

Any input would be great.

Juggler

Techie Answer Guy
Donating Member
Registered
If they are truly carbon-based rotors, then you have to get them very hot in order for them to work well. On a track perhaps. For the street, I doubt they would do very well.

I would also bet that you would have to get special pads to use with the rotors.

GMbusa

Donating Member
Registered
Yeah, the carrier(middle) is carbon fiber and the ring/rotor area is standard material.

StreetnTrack

Donating Member
Registered
Braking stop making them a few years ago. I heard they get stress cracks around the bolt holes but they were light and worked very well. We sold quite a few of them years ago.

GMbusa

Donating Member
Registered
Thanks for the info, i didn't check on the availability of them. I'm going to play it safe and go with the standard waves.

Check out the Ferodo Axis rotors. They come with black carriers, red Ti buttons, and ductile iron/ss rotors. A friend of mine has them on his GSKR 1K and they are awesome. I would have definately gotten them if I didn't get such a good deal on my waves.

GMbusa

Donating Member
Registered
The thing is, i don't sell ferodo parts so i don't recieve my dealer discount on them.

Most likes - Past 7 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PFL1993