Car shop rants...

BoostCreep

Registered
So we're doing some work on the race car, I'm not in my shop, I hardly have the tools that I need and I've gotta pull the diff and do some work to the rear end. First off, the last ******* that put the pin in must have used a whole tube of green locktite because that ***** was not coming out, I had to cut the pin so I could remove the axles and I figure I'll just extract the ***** with the assembly out. Take it all apart and pull up on the diff, not coming out... Get the pry bar, it's still not coming out. So we call around and we find a shop who said "one day turnover" last Friday, alright I'll drop it off in the morning and gather it up Saturday. Saturday it's not done, Sunday they're closed, Monday it's not done, now it's Tuesday and it's "tomorrow." Hey, mother ****er, we leave for the CAT Nationals Thursday night and I need that rear end in to finish the ****ing diff cooling system. On top of that I work 12 hour days Wednesday and Thursday so my ass will be doing this when I get off at 10 at night IF you get the ****ing thing ****ing done at all. The owner is the guy who took it to this shop, **** is out of my hands and I'm getting ****ing pissed... This car doesn't have a spare rear end I can just toss in it which sucks because my own car has two spare transaxles.

FUHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I hate relying on other people because nobody can seem to ever get **** done in time or even right...

/rant

What I'm saying is people suck and they can all go to hell! That and I may not make the CAT nationals because of these sucky people and their refusal to journey where they belong.

You sound like me last night when I dropped the radiator vent bolt washer down behind the engine on my Gixxer...ARRRG!

ive come to the conclusion its better to buy every tool or rent it and do the work myself instead of paying multiple people to screw it up then doing it myself in the end

The bad thing is you have not even get the bill either. I feel for ya man but what can you do right? I really hope everything works out for you.

it is easy to say don't rush it because something will get overlooked...your tyring to get it set up early and the people can't get it together...that is what puts shops out of business. good luck on making the race...that is the pay off however you get there

JUST got the rear end back, picked up a diff bolt, I'll be heading over to the car tonight after I get off work at 9:30pm so I can put the axles in, slip the ***** up into the car, hook up all the cooling stuff, run tests, realign the front end, go home and sleep so I can get back to work at 9am.

bleep ********bleep***** f'ing bleeeeeeep**** something about someone messing with a rear end who got really pist is all I understood from all the **********:rofl:

Sorry, I was... angry...

I was up until 2am last night getting the back end of the car together, got the brakes on, finished the front end, installed a new cooler for the cool suit, woke up, work at 9am, it's almost 8pm and I'm still at work and have more to do to the car when we get to the track.

Blah, it's going to be a fun weekend, but it's going to be a hell of a journey getting there...

If racing were easy everyone would do it. Its one of the reasons I stopped running NMRA races. Seems I spent just as much time on the car only to make 6 or 7 8 second passes. Not to mention the money I poured into mustangs over the years. I did learn long ago tho that if you depend on anyone it had better be your self. Nothing like driving from Summerville SC to Englishtown NJ on the phone the whole trip trying to find a set of heads you can borrow. That was when I made a call to Joe Mondello and signed up for head porting school!!!

Back