Can't find tank plugs

boxman

Registered
Tried to post this already so if this is a repeat, sorry. I'm trying to find the fuel tank plugs that are supposed to be in the rear fender. all I can see is a couple of plug looking things that are molded in the storage area of the rear fender. Are those the plugs and I cut them off or are the plugs missing.

Welcome, someone will have an answer for you. I had to look at the repair manual to see what you were even talking about.

rock.gif

sounds like you see the 2 little plastic stumps that normally hold the rubber plugs.

dont cut those...yer rubber plugs are missing.

use tubing with a bolt or something in the end for plugs.

Get the right diameter,by testing on those stumps(there are 2 different sizes)

Rubb.

just out af curosity what are we talking about? i,m confused our bikes come with tank plugs for??? maintenance? If I do not ask I will never know.

Thanks for clearing up the tank plug thing for me. Called the dealer today to see about grtting them and the sales guy did not know what i was talking about. Maybe they don't come with the bike though the service manual makes me think they do. No big deal I'll just use the tube and bolt idea.

If you look in the service manual under fuel tank removal, you will see what this is all about. It says in there that when removing the fuel tank the fuel lines are disconected from the tank and the spouts the lines are removed from should be plugged with plugs stored in the rear fender as per the service manual.
NOTE:
Fuel tank plugs are equipped on the rear fender.
Sorry to have caused confusion over such a small thing.

guess I should read the service manual. Thanks for clearing that up. Know i'm going to look for my tank plugs
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Tool
Reason for Edit: "typo"|1141070928 -->

Back