Can someone explain how chanting "USA" at a basketball game is Racist?

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Two Texas public high schools have a basketball game. The winning team chant's "USA". This is supposedly bad because the other team is closer to the border and is more Hispanic...WTF?

You are getting a free public education at the expense of the US taxpayers. If you aren't grateful, get the @#*@# out....but since the school can't check for citizenship, how much of the other team you figure is illegal - ALL being paid by U.S. Taxpayers? But I guess if the other team had been flying the Mexican flag in the gym, that would be OK as a sign of 'racial diversity"?...

This PC bullcrap is taking us down the tubes. I would be totally unrepentant.

It's simple...America - Home of the Free, the Brave and the Eternally Offended...

:popcorn:

thats crap.

and speacial intreset groups rule the world, people are afraid to stand up and fight back against them cause they might look racist. People do it to themselves. I read in the news a restruant owend by two white guys called "Round Eyes" serve chinees food, small minorty of chineese people protested and made them change the name cause by saying round eye people associate slant eye. what a joke. But down the street a chineese man own's a restruant called "Chink's" becasue that is his nickname.. uuugggghhhh people suck.

Keith...turn off the news. You're going racing this weekend. Be happy. Woooosaaaaa.

thats crap.

and speacial intreset groups rule the world, people are afraid to stand up and fight back against them cause they might look racist. People do it to themselves. I read in the news a restruant owend by two white guys called "Round Eyes" serve chinees food, small minorty of chineese people protested and made them change the name cause by saying round eye people associate slant eye. what a joke. But down the street a chineese man own's a restruant called "Chink's" becasue that is his nickname.. uuugggghhhh people suck.

Round Eye is poking fun at Americans, or so I thought...doesn't offend me and it's aimed at people like me, so to hear the Chinese are the ones offended is just hysterical.

Perhaps they should chant it in Mexican, rather than English? - Then they couldn't possibly be accused of racism.

"Los Estados Unidos!"

Its stupid these days I'm around 50% German so I grow facial hair like crazy. This last fall I decided to see how long I could grow it before this next riding season. Started at the end of last September and now I have a full beard around 4.5 inches long. About a month ago at work people started calling me a terrorist and asking me when I would start wearing a towel on my head. They say it as a joke but still pisses me off how ignorant people are

It is a thin line. on the one hand i understand it is a bit frustrating that it seems like everything you say is miscostrued. but on the other hand i know what it feels like to addressed in a manner that is undercover racist and overtly racist as well. i have had a person look me in the face and tell me im not american im just black.....of course that ended badly for him. im really trying to keep this short cause i can go far with this but suffice it to say there are a lot of different points of view to be considered to the point where it is almost impossible to not offend someone. If i was a mexican american that was always being looked at as being an illegal immagrant even though i was born here i would have to be reasonably suspicious of people chanting USA a basketball game between two american teams (supposedly benefit of the doubt) where one is mostly comprised of "mexicans"

It is a thin line. on the one hand i understand it is a bit frustrating that it seems like everything you say is miscostrued. but on the other hand i know what it feels like to addressed in a manner that is undercover racist and overtly racist as well. i have had a person look me in the face and tell me im not american im just black.....of course that ended badly for him. im really trying to keep this short cause i can go far with this but suffice it to say there are a lot of different points of view to be considered to the point where it is almost impossible to not offend someone. If i was a mexican american that was always being looked at as being an illegal immagrant even though i was born here i would have to be reasonably suspicious of people chanting USA a basketball game between two american teams (supposedly benefit of the doubt) where one is mostly comprised of "mexicans"

The proper response for all Americans would have been to Chant "USA" right back...

Wonder what the hubbub would have been about if it had been a USA high school playing a Mexican High School (uh, zero?)...or the Olympics? That's why it's so weird...

And no, being Black makes you no less an American.

i belive it is a example of the frustration that CITIZENS feel in our great country...and the anger is displaced... we should address our "chants" to the lawmakers and legal system and law enforcement system NOT WILLING to enforce the laws on the books.... if there is anything to take from this is that our own GOVERMENT defines racism by IGNORING famous presidents speeches that include the famous phrase THAT ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL... so eliminate the term minority and special favors given to them because of that reason alone and enforce the laws THEY put on the books. yes we will still take your tired your poor ect ect...BUT DO IT LEGALLY we dont get to break our laws...WHY SHOULD YOU!!!

Back