Can a sprocket change help to beat these little 1000cc bikes?

My friend has two turbo Busa's, one with stock gearbox and norman swingarm and another one with a long ratio box and extended swing arm, he has done a 358km/h on a top end run day before with that one.
So i've rided the one with normal swingarm quite a bit, it picks up in 4th gear with no effort.

So I'm going to leave the sprocket change for a bit and do the bolt on turbo kit:laugh::laugh:
Will keep you guys posted..... Will fit PCV & BMC first and see what diffirence that makes, just for fun.

My friend has two turbo Busa's, one with stock gearbox and norman swingarm and another one with a long ratio box and extended swing arm, he has done a 358km/h on a top end run day before with that one.
So i've rided the one with normal swingarm quite a bit, it picks up in 4th gear with no effort.

So I'm going to leave the sprocket change for a bit and do the bolt on turbo kit:laugh::laugh:
Will keep you guys posted..... Will fit PCV & BMC first and see what diffirence that makes, just for fun.

That should take care of it :thumbsup:

S1000rr too slow stock. Needs more cow bell. :/ :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

turbo.jpg

I think you did not listen, you need a tune and filter, that bike is lean, and chain and sprockets dont mean crap, tune it and then do that stuff, Brett

busa and vrod 001.jpg

not sure on a gen1 but me a a friend of mine who has a s1000rr went at it at all different speeds my gen 2 took him every time..

not sure on a gen1 but me a a friend of mine who has a s1000rr went at it at all different speeds my gen 2 took him every time..

How many miles on the Bimmer ? They have an extreme low limit on delivery that gets changed at first service. What's the weight difference between the two of you. The Bimmer is a match or better than the Gen II, it's super close.

How many miles on the Bimmer ? They have an extreme low limit on delivery that gets changed at first service. What's the weight difference between the two of you. The Bimmer is a match or better than the Gen II, it's super close.
it was after he had the 8k rev limitor removed..he was about 15 over me on weight...

Sorry but even with these changes I don't see you betting either bike. You have all the disadvantages on your side. If I was you I would start racing them from a dead stop and not roll one, that way you can turn your disadvantage to an advantage. From a dead stop start your weight will help keep the front end down meaning you can go WOT faster. They will gain on the top end but the first half should be yours no problem. The gen1 is out dated that's all there is to it. I ran into a 06 Suzuki 1000 last summer and barely won. His was modded and so is mine. The only real advantage I have is that I weigh only 155-160lbs with all my gear on. Good luck and let us know how much the modifications help.

I have changed my gearing to all kinds of ratios (Yes, I spent heavily on test sprockets!) If you went down 1 up front and up two in the back and then do a roll on, you will notice a very big difference! It will be like your bike is a different bike. Also, if you want to have more fun with a roll on, then make the start speed in 2nd gear at about 7000rpm. They will not pull away from you anymore. If they do, then you have much bigger problems. That gearing and a good dyno tune will wake that bike up like a new bike. Good Luck!
I only do roll ons as I can't control the front end with my lack of skill! So, I'm King of the rollon and I cheat all I can........:laugh:

"They start pulling right away till they are about 50-70meters ahead and then the gap stays like that."

That's nuts...Are you sure your bike was running?

For loomis...did the bruce Dickenson fit the turbo?

fear the reaper with some cowbell - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know people hate to admit it BUT the BMW is a fast bike
Performance: stock wheelbase BMW S 1000 RR runs 8.97 in ¼ mile (explicit lyrics by Jay-Z) - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
the bmw / other 1000 bikes will walk away in the 1/4 if you can't ride...they have enough power to scoot along

I have changed my gearing to all kinds of ratios (Yes, I spent heavily on test sprockets!) If you went down 1 up front and up two in the back and then do a roll on, you will notice a very big difference! It will be like your bike is a different bike. Also, if you want to have more fun with a roll on, then make the start speed in 2nd gear at about 7000rpm. They will not pull away from you anymore. If they do, then you have much bigger problems. That gearing and a good dyno tune will wake that bike up like a new bike. Good Luck!
I only do roll ons as I can't control the front end with my lack of skill! So, I'm King of the rollon and I cheat all I can........:laugh:

With this gearing change, how much is the lose on the top end? And how would that compare to going just +2 or +3 in the rear only?

Ron, changine the gearing of either 1 tooth on the front or 3 teeth on the back is basically the same. For each tooth on the front you will run about 250rpm higher in sixth on your tach. If you do both the front and rear you would be looking at around 400 or so rpm higher in 6th gear. It really is not much in 6th gear rpm increase, but you will accelerate MUCH quicker in your rollons. Don't tell them that you have made any changes and see how it goes! You will notice a nice difference. Also, make sure you roll on the throttle first, do not wait for them to roll on first and then you twist the throttle. Whoever opens it up first has a big advantage, make sure its you. Also, make sure you in second at a decent rpm of say 7000 to 8000 that way you will hit the throttle and it will snap up to 11,000rpm and you can shift into third. If you start at a lower rpm you will not be in your peak power range for the rollon. Also, never hit the rev limiter. If your on the limiter your slowing down. Good Luck! Also make sure your tire pressure is near max for each tire.. The street IS NOT THE TRACK! Your doing a roll on and you want minimal rolling resistance. Going out there with low tire pressure will slow you down for a roll on.

Hey, wait a minute, I'm giving away some of my secrets!!! :)

Back