Cam/Head Combo?

L8R P1GS

Registered
Coming up to the winter here finally and was prepping for some downtime. I am curious to know if it would be wiser to have the head done, and I could get a stock intake cam from a local shop for practically nothing, or just go straight for a set of aftermarket cams and leave the head alone??

Also is it possible to go too aggressive w/ the working of the cylinder head? Like too much shaping or volume or bigger valves?? *Just curiosity on this part no plans!*

Go see Brian at EastSide Performance In greensboro/ winston or Rodney Williford in Rougemont. He does heads in house in Rougemont and is the three time pro street champ. Dyno in house too. Tell him I sent you specifically.

Depending on combo from a post on another site I have seen Rodney Williford himself guaranty +20 HP minimum from Head & Cam package over baseline on his dyno before the work as long as they do entire job in-house.
port n polish heads gen2... Look at post #6.

Yeah, carpenter racing site says up to like 220. but I dont have the finances cause if I was to do it I would prefer to use billet cams as opposed to some reground ones. plus too aggresive I hear and it will alter the torque curve and hurt daily ride ability. I may be wrong though, usually am. lol

Oh yeah. Piedmont dragway just outside burlington. I been there a few times, only took the bike down once though.

Back