California superbike school

Discussion in 'Racing Technical' started by Pbadasay, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Pbadasay

Pbadasay Registered

Contests won:
    So I'm thinking of finalizing plans to go to the California superbike school. Wanted to know if anyone's been and feedback on your experience. I don't have a liter bike or a track bike, I just want to ride my busa to its full potential and learn how to ride to MY full potential. I love riding and riding thru curves appeals more to me than drag racing so that's why I have this school in mind. I've never even done a track day and I don't know if that matters. Just want to get everyone's feedback on the school or experience. I'm sure it's well worth it and if I can walk away with it being a learning experience then it was well worth the money. I know they usually pair coaches up with 2 people so if anyone else is interested, it'd be cool to pair up with a fellow busa owner! :thumbsup:

2. motochris

motochris The artist formerly known as Chris75181 Registered

Contests won:
    I think you could get great instruction and same or more track time at a track day or track weekend. Novice groups at most track orgs have mandatory classroom and plenty instructors to work with you all for a fraction of the price. There are plenty of us that have taken our Busa to the track. You will definitely have a blast!
    I hear this school is Awesome tho.

3. Tufbusa

Tufbusa Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach Registered

Contests won:
    I don't think Keith does much with the school anymore. I think his kid has pretty much taken it over from what I hear.

You will benefit from attending Code's school, no doubt. Are you looking at a one or two day school?

Personally, I think Jason Pridmore's Star School is the cream of the crop. I've attended a ton of schools from track to race and Pridmore stands out among them all. However, Code's school is a learning adventure and you'll come away with more confidence, no doubt!

Another high end quality school you should not overlook is "Nick Ienatsch & the Yamaha School of Champions". I have not attended this one but everyone I know who has attended speaks very highly of Nick and his program.

4. pan

pan Registered

Contests won:
    Do it! You'll love it...

I've done 3 levels and all help me riding on the track and on the road...

The only people I've heard anything negative about the school are from people who haven't done it :banghead:

5. skydivr

skydivr Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes Donating Member

Contests won:
    An hour of good instruction is worth a year on the street on your own!

6. Pbadasay

Pbadasay Registered

Contests won:
    Right on fellas! Appreciate the feedback! I will be attending the two day class to take advantage of their brake bike, lean bike plus they supply a s1000rr and gear with the price. I will definitely check out the other classes offered by other instructors before I commit but I haven't heard anything bad about any so I may attend a class every year...couldn't hurt. I plan on going in mid to late April so if anyone else is interested, let me know! :thumbsup: