cable clutch conversion

8overin808

Registered
anyone done this?

Let me know what you think.

I'll be draggin my bus, and I've always raced sportbikes...hard to get used to the hydraulic. been contemplating spendin the dough, but is it worth it?

is one kit better than the others?

Why would you wanna do something like that
rock.gif
What flexibality does the cable clutch give you that is lacking in the hydrulic clutch
rock.gif

...Not trying to be skeptical or anything... just curious
biggrin.gif

rock.gif

I asked the same question about 3 months ago, do a search.
There's a couple of options, but I've learned to live with the hydro.
What year is your bike?

rock.gif
What flexibality does the cable clutch give you that is lacking in the hydrulic clutch
rock.gif

biggrin.gif
It's hard to modulate, or "slip" a hydraulic clutch smoothly. A cable clutch is much easier to control launches with.....
It's not something noticeable in everyday riding, but try a couple of WFO launches and you'll see what I mean.

rock.gif

rock.gif
rock.gif

biggrin.gif
It's hard to modulate, or "slip" a hydraulic clutch smoothly. A cable clutch is much easier to control launches with.....
It's not something noticeable in everyday riding, but try a couple of WFO launches and you'll see what I mean.
Exactly, I'm already hatin the hydro. For everyday riding it's fine, but my first few hard launches, with all that torque, made me miss my 1.5 60's on the 750. Damn busa PULLS, it's great, but my hand needs a cable clutch. Don't wanna spend the time getting used to hydraulic. Found the kit, ordered it, decent deal I guess, comes with the water pump protector thing, just in case the c/s breaks.

Sorry been away from the board (got to ride my bus!) She's all primered out right now, and i'm waiting on a BUNCH O PARTS. (air shifter, tiger tail, 6 over catalyst racing tail, billet clutch stuff etc...) She'll be a drag bike in but a few weeks!

As for paint, decided on a deep blue, and the kanji is gonna be REALLY BIG! (the whole side panel, airbrushed) Should look pretty good. Hopefully. I'll post pics when she's all done.

rock.gif

rock.gif
rock.gif

biggrin.gif
oh ok... i get it
smile.gif

rock.gif

If you hold the clutch to where it just grabs and you have to fight ot keep it from moving that will offer you a certain level of slipage. But i do feel your pain on the launches
wink.gif

Call Kathy over at SH.org and tell her you need to convert your 00 to an 02-up setup. She'll send you what you need to make it better. Still ain't as good as a cable, but better than the on/off switch you got now........
It cost me around $150 if I remember right, just make sure you tell her you need to convert it.

or you can go to ron ayers and spend about 40 bucks and 1 hr
wink.gif

Back