*HELP* List all Available clutch cable conversion mods

Jdiddy313

Registered
I am looking to switch to a cable conversion on my Hayabusa.

List the site(s) that offered the cable conversions.

Besides buying a kit, can I put one together myself from other bikes?

Does anyone have experience with switching to cable conversion?

Thanks guys!

Kits can be bought online from several retailers. Not many people do this except for drag racers so probably not gonna get a lot of feedback.

Ain’t no nobody killing your post man.... You want people on here to do your work for you. You can google just like the rest of us.

I’m just telling you like it is. Been on here a while and seen most of the setups guys are running and not many use a cable clutch

Ain’t no nobody killing your post man.... You want people on here to do your work for you. You can google just like the rest of us.

I’m just telling you like it is. Been on here a while and seen most of the setups guys are running and not many use a cable clutch

Thanks 1busa

So after "researching" I'm trying to order the clutch cable conversion kit from "RCC Turbos" the guy I just spoke with says that most of the parts (clutch release, cable and lever assembly) came from a GSXR 1000, but he was unable to tell me what year because he didn't know. I'll keep you guys updated on other information I found out.

So after "researching" I am trying to order the clutch cable conversion kit
from "RCC Turbos" the guy I just spoke with says that most of the parts
( clutch release, cable and lever assembly ) came from a GSXR 1000,
but he was unable to tell me what year because he did not know .

I will keep you guys updated on
other information I found out .

http://www.suzukigsxr.org/clutch_cable_play_inspection_and_adjustment-158.html

suzuk-gsxr1000-k3-rok-produkcji-2003-kolbuszowa-488892233.jpg

At the turn of the century when the GSX-R 1000 was released it had a cable clutch *

What’s the purpose of this upgrade (more like a downgrade to me)? Hope you find a kit to do what you are trying to accomplish.

What’s the purpose of this upgrade (more like a downgrade to me)? Hope you find a kit to do what you are trying to accomplish.

Drag racers sometimes do this conversion to have a little more “feel” out of the clutch. You can holeshot better off the line supposedly. Some say the hydraulic clutch isn’t as precise and the cable has a crisper pull to it?? Again just what I’ve read and been told

To answer your question directly, I'm having issues with my hydraulic clutch system. I have done everything (OEM new clutch everything), I even took it to a shop and the problem is still not fixed. So I am making the change to a cable system.

To answer your question directly, I'm having issues with my hydraulic clutch system. I have done everything (OEM new clutch everything), I even took it to a shop and the problem is still not fixed. So I am making the change to a cable system.

What is the problem you are having?

That link Jermzfree give you , on the other recent 'weird clutch thread ' , have you contacted them to find out if once you buy the kit , if they will honor spare parts for it ? Definitely what my old mate is after , tho I don't know if that is the the place he plans to buy from .

What is the problem you are having?

Whenever I ride for about 30 minutes to an hour the clutch starts to slip.

This stems from when the bike heats up the heat gets to the slave cylinder, the fluid in the slave cylinder expands and that causes the cylinder to push the push rod in, disengaging the clutch. I have literally changed out every component from the master cylinder down to the slave cylinder itself, all brand new OEM.

The lines have been bled and the clutch is working perfectly fine, until it heats up. I even replace the clutch with OEM clutch not even a month old. I'm sure if you recommend it, I've done it already.

Whenever I ride for about 30 minutes to an hour the clutch starts to slip.

This stems from when the bike heats up the heat gets to the slave cylinder, the fluid in the slave cylinder expands and that causes the cylinder to push the push rod in, disengaging the clutch. I have literally changed out every component from the master cylinder down to the slave cylinder itself, all brand new OEM.

The lines have been bled and the clutch is working perfectly fine, until it heats up. I even replace the clutch with OEM clutch not even a month old. I'm sure if you recommend it, I've done it already.

What fluid are you using in the clutch cylinder?

Back