Bye Bye Mud Flap

OK, well I did it, got rid of the mud flap, total cost $0
I love my 2009 Hayabusa, but there were 2 minor cosmetic
things I didnt like about it. 1 the long azz dual cans (mufflers)
and the mud flap (rear fender liscense plate holder)
Suzuki went way over board in these 2 designs.
I swapped out the stock exhaust with a full Akrapovic System which I love, the power, looks,
sound, and how light it is.
The rear mudflap, I hate to modify this bike in any such way and I told myself when I bought this
that I would leave it bone stock and not modify anything. Well that lasted about 2 months.
I got the tools out and started to remove the 10MM bolts holding the fender in place and snipped
the wires going for the plate light. I used the reflector brackets to make a new mount.
I postioned the plate tucked up under and in. Its basically under the ECU.
Total mod took about 30 mins.
123wfag.jpg

34hyl5j.jpg

View attachment 1551342

I like the way its kind of hidden. But Blanca is right, most states requires it to be fully visible.
Check your laws to make sure you dont get busted for that!!!!

thanks for the compliments. The law here states it must mounted atleast 12 inches from the ground and be visible.

Love the exhaust! Great color choice!
I would dig a little deeper into the tag law for your state. I'm sure it says something to the effect that it must be lit and mounted at the furthest rear point of the bike/fender. I had quite the go around in Alabama a few years ago and I would suspect Tn. is not much different in their laws. I could be wrong. Your bike will bring enough unwanted attention all by herself. Have a tag displayed such as it is sends out the "elude" vibe.

Ride safe!

Tennessee law states that the plate must be horizontal, at least 12" from the ground, and clearly visible. Your risk to take mate, but no way that plate is clearly visible unless you're 6" from your rear tyre and pointing a flashlight at it, even in daylight, and you'd not even see you had a plate at night.

DOES look good though...nice job!

the mud flap for mine was gone the night i brought it home from the dealer, along with the reflectors and warning stickers.

I told Juli that I would not modify mine for a while. That lasted all of 2 days of having it home. New exhaust, wind screen, seats, cruise control, took the tail off and cut out the fender for the trunk mod, etc. I had lots of fun.

i'm the one person who prefers a piece in the back, either the stock flap, or the one Corbin makes or a different aftermarket one. To me it looks as if something is missing with nothing back there.
My only three mods are for comfort and rideability. the appearance of a new Hayabusa is good from Suzuki...
feel free to reply with rude reply :)

Looks good...

Been there done that,

Got pulled for speeding on the US Parkway back when I got my 08 in 2008,:laugh: I got the speeding ticket and my two friends on an R1 and GSXR-750 ot impropper tag placement tickets. Lol...:banghead:

I got a nice clean aluminium tag bracket off ebay actually, like 20 bucks, mounted a lit-n-bolt led stainless bolt head above to be legal.

Now after three years I have a "new" problem, all the vibration and "turbulence at speed" has almost cracked my tag off at the bolt holes, and its almost got a crack right up the middle clean in half.

I am not looking into a way to strengthen it and make it a little stronger.:please:

Oh and I almost forgot, ride with a shorty tag bracket bag there or none and in one year you'll have either a cracked lower tail light or it will pitted all to bits and look like crap. Ask me how I know. There isn't sufficient coverage to protect it without something back there. I was ticked at myself when I saw the two pick rock hits my tail light took.:banghead:

Back