Buying 2000 model and need advice

G

There are no known recalls on the '00.

It depends on who you ask which pipe is the best. Ackropovic makes a good one but there are folks who like Muzzy, Yosh and two Brothers. My choice will be the Ackro mostly because I heard one recently. If you do a pipe you almost have to remap the EFI. Have the dealer do it with a Yosh box or but a Power Commander 2.

The Busa has plenty of power to handle even your trim. If you like to do lots of wheelies or you drag then a 42 tooth rear or 16 tooth front makes sense.

If you search this forum you will find that we have debated almost everything. There is ALWAYS a dissenting opinion.

Search and ye shall find.

LOL!!! Red and Gray??

This is hilarious but I was just driving home and was thinking of asking which color was fastest and now I see your post!!

Damn, the one I am getting is that Blue and Silver model. JUST MY LUCK TO GET A HAYABUSA SLUG!!!

Well 10k out the door for a 2000 model makes it easier to stomach and will leave me money to modify it so it is almost as fast as a Red one!!.

BLUE IS BETTER.

All the advice so far seems really good. It does come down to personal preference. Looks, sound, and fun riding are all subjective.
For me it's Akrapovic, the PC II, BMC air filter, 16-tooth sprocket, a Corbin seat, Shoie XSP, and the BLUE Busa.

Hey QuickCurt, I live up in Lacey and just got my BLUE Busa. If you hear a loud noise one day, that's just me flying down I-5 past Centralia. :)

Got my blue/gray 5 days ago and I can't keep my hands off of it. Rode it at Everglades Nat'l Park yesterday for a 120 run and had nothing but fun. Compliments run far so get used to it. Even from Cruiser Enthusiasts... believe it. There's nothing like long roads and nothing around you for dozens of miles.

I'm new to both this forum and to the Hayabusa but not to bikes.

I hope to have my new bike in 2 weeks time.

I decided to buy a 'busa because of the info on this forum!!

What I need is any info on what I should look for with the 2000 model. Recalls and the like.

Being built for comfort these days (265lbs)should I consider changing the gear ratio?
Maybe 2 teeth bigger rear sprocket?

Which 4 into 1 pipe works best? Who does this airbox mod?

Also,does GIVI make pannier mounts for the Hayabusa? if not, who does?

Anything else I should do or know?

Thanks for any help!~!

Curt easterbrook
Centralia, Wa

I posted a comment about the 00 change over on the ecm thread. Maybe this color issue is not as farfetched as you might think.

Back