Busahaya's install pics!!!

Nice job. I bet hanging those headers was a snap the way they have those spigots set up. Very cool.

Nice looking pics.
smile.gif

very nice.. im going 2 have 2 remember 2 use something for the block off's were those hoses go.
That small pair air line is such a pain to get to(removing the airbox, so you can reach it) I'm thinking when I do my bike I will just cut the line and plug the line/tie a knot in it. I don't think its worth the hassle of removing the airbox again. Then when its time to do the spark plugs, I'll finish it off.

Sweet! That is definitely a shiny set of pipes. Were you able to take care of the spacing issues? How was the sound when you started it up?

It's about time that you guys started putting that bike back together
tounge.gif

Where did all the rust and corrosion come from on the bolts and engine block
rock.gif

Sweet! That is definitely a shiny set of pipes. Were you able to take care of the spacing issues? How was the sound when you started it up?

First off, let me start by saying thanks to Sir CharlesBusa for giving me a hand on the mods performed on the Busa. Would also like to thank Sasha for supplying some of the spare parts of f of his 00 parted out Busa.

Well, to start with, one of the mounting brackets on the fan assembly just barely touches the header, which isn't that big of a deal. What I'm thinking of doing is dismounting the fan assembly tweaking it just enough to obtain the proper clearance. As far as the spacing on the lower right fairings, I might just grab a file and file just a nick off the fairings. But to be honest I've yet to see a problem occur with the fairings getting melted.
The sound on the exhaust is just off the hook, nice deep growl.

<!--EDIT|busahaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110787984 -->

It's about time that you guys started putting that bike back together
tounge.gif

Where did all the rust and corrosion come from on the bolts and engine block
rock.gif
Don't remind me BA Busa, I procrastinated putting the Busa back together. But hey it's all ready for the April ride.

You know that rust just probably came from that bike sitting outside, it's not kept indoors when she sleeps at night. I was thinking of perhaps buying a set of header bolts from maybe ARP or something. Any suggestions?

That is just sick! Nice pics, too...makes me want to modify something. I can't wait for the ride report, inquiring minds want to know...and, I don't care if the BDE block off kit is a little pricey, it looks super high quality. What map are you going to run?

rant.gif
Hey what did we do to deserve the bird in the 6th pic?
mad.gif
That's not very nice.
rant.gif

laugh.gif
Great install pics. Thanks The bike looks great.
thumbs-up.gif

rant.gif

For the inquiring minds, I felt a BIG DIFEERENCE with the new exhaust vs. the stock exhaust. The Busa feels really torquie, almost scared to go full throttle. Currently I'm not running a PC3, that's the next & last mod for me. The sound on this can is just awesome.

For the inquiring minds, I felt a BIG DIFEERENCE with the new exhaust vs. the stock exhaust. The Busa feels really torquie, almost scared to go full throttle. Currently I'm not running a PC3, that's the next & last mod for me. The sound on this can is just awesome.
any possibility you can get a sound clip of your bike being started, then reved?

just curious.

thanks

Sweet!  That is definitely a shiny set of pipes.  Were you able to take care of the spacing issues?  How was the sound when you started it up?

First off, let me start by saying thanks to Sir CharlesBusa for giving me a hand on the mods performed on the Busa. Would also like to thank Sasha for supplying some of the spare parts of f of his 00 parted out Busa.

Well, to start with, one of the mounting brackets on the fan assembly just barely touches the header, which isn't that big of a deal. What I'm thinking of doing is dismounting the fan assembly tweaking it just enough to obtain the proper clearance. As far as the spacing on the lower right fairings, I might just grab a file and file just a nick off the fairings. But to be honest I've yet to see a problem occur with the fairings getting melted.
   The sound on the exhaust is just off the hook, nice deep growl.
No need to file or shave off any part of the fairing. Just use some heat shielding material and the problem is solved. Oh yeah, and the plastic WILL melt if it touches the header. I have the full Micron exhaust and the plastic seems to touch in the exact same spot on mine. I just put a piece of the heat shield material in that area and BAMM!!... no problems at all. Actually Micron supplies you with this heat shield material to cut and place inside the fairings near the headers.

any possibility you can get a sound clip of your bike being started, then reved?

just curious.

thanks
I'll go ahead & try to get a sound clip for ya, just need to jack my girls digital cam.

looks great!
smile.gif

the bike runs ok without the power commander?

how much louder would you say it is above stock?

Back