busa wannabee..  from Greece!

wizard

Never Forgotten
Hi all..

I am shopping for a 2000 busa, super-clean and silver-blue.. All original and with 20.000 miles on it..

That means I will be spending much of my time in here - from what I have seen, one of the most well informed and respectful place to be, if you own this bike..

I am new here, but not entirely new to the motorcycle world.. however, this is my first street bike (yes, I know.. thought I should go right to the top..
smile.gif
coming from various thumbers (Aprilia 600 Tuareg, Yamaha XTZ-660) and smaller too (Yam XT-350, Suzuki DR-250).

Last month I made a serious mistake; I went for a ride with a "not-so-standard" (178 hp / wheel..) Suzuki GSXR-1000 '01, and (after the 290 kmh/h..) life is not the same any more.. So, I just HAVE to take the plunge. No more single cylinder for me, mom, you can have back the odd-ball, dad..

I promise to treat it with respect, because - frankly - it is the only thing I can do with it for the time being.. And streets in Greece are not the safest place to go crazy on the beast..

Will appreciate any comment / advice you can throw at me (bar the obvious: DON'T BUY IT!.. sorry guys, decision is taken..)

Thank you in advance, and we will be talking often through these pages..

Busa as a first time street bike - dude you are hardcore !! Good luck with your search ...
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|banditoo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075320692 -->

thanx - hardcore or soft-ball, here I come!
race.gif

..and one other thing: I am not searching for a busa, I have found it! it's a matter of a couple of days..

Boy, is this gonna rock the house!..
egitarre77.gif
super.gif

I really count the hours.. anticipating all those wonderful miles ahead..
jump9.gif

Will appreciate any comment / advice you can throw at me (bar the obvious: DON'T BUY IT!.. sorry guys, decision is taken..)
i'm with you there man the busa is my first and probably last bike find a motorcycle safety course because, believe it or not, that was what helped me to learn to ride that big bastard and within a day the instructors were stunned out of their socks it also helps a little on insurance and you will get your class M licence although i don't know the way they work it in Greece just remember when you do get it, the clutch for a beginner is your best friend!

Hi!  Congrats and wecome to the club.  I was in Athens two years ago and I know your going to have to be careful with the crazy traffic there.  Be safe - especially until you get to know her a little while
smile.gif

to phatjoe:   thanx dude - although it is not my first bike ever, right?   I have a 20 years record of riding every day (and night..  
blues.gif
) and around ten bikes have taken their turn (turn-over, for some..  
wow.gif
).    I intend NOT to let her seduce me into trigger-happy behaviour, only because she can (and she deserves it, too.. ).    If you can't tell yet, I haven't slept for 48 hours..   Anyway, soon she will be with me  
cool.gif

to Let 'er eat!:   yep, traffic in Athens is absolute asylum material, but then who cares?  this baby will only see the other Greece (which, by the way, is preeeetty good for riding..  
super.gif
 ) and trips to Europe.  Oh, perhaps a little Balkan states, Eastern Europe and (if built on time..) the highway to Mars..  
jump9.gif

Thank you for the welcome comittee, I will keep you posted on arrival of my babeee..  
smile.gif

..the bastard does not answer the phone.. I have wired the money to a friend there, and fixed an appointment for him to see the bike and buy it.. since then, no sign of the owner.

Anyway, I am shopping for a Busa and that is that! I will find another within a week or so (after all, the money is there now..).

But what an assh@le.. He made a deal with me, let me transfer all that money from Greece to Uk and then (obviously..) sold the bike to someone else. Should I pay him a visit with a crawbar? whaddaya think?..

I am pissed..

..actually, no.. I talked to the guy for over an hour (from Greece..) and he sounded ok. We had a deal (so I thought) when suddenly, he does not answers the phones.. Some friends I have from Manchester called, and he first picked up but when he was asked if he still is selling the bike he said "hello? hello? I can't hear you!.." and he hung up!

I think the guy deserves a visit.. something like an "initiation to insanity" party-kind-a-thing. With chains, nails THE WORKS!

Meanwhile, I am looking for another busa. I am determined, did I say that? I think I have..

Back