Busa swingarm alloy?

mcantar

Registered
Does anybody know what alloy our swingarms are made out of? I'm toying with the idea of modifying one I have laying around, but I can't seem to find any info on them.

Be careful with modifying the swingarm..... There's a couple YouTube videos of the carnage/aftermath of guys who tried shortening and modifying arms on Busa's

YIKES.....:hide:

Somethings I'm down to modify but when it comes to the chassis and essential parts that keep the bike upright and in 1 piece I'll leave it to the professionals

Be careful with modifying the swingarm..... There's a couple YouTube videos of the carnage/aftermath of guys who tried shortening and modifying arms on Busa's

YIKES.....:hide:

Somethings I'm down to modify but when it comes to the chassis and essential parts that keep the bike upright and in 1 piece I'll leave it to the professionals

Yeah, things start to get a bit more advanced when you get into the structural components, especially with motorcycles since a failing swingarm or rear shock hanger could kill you.
I do structural fabrication for a living (not on vehicles, but...), and my welds/products failing means other people die. I figure if I can't trust my own life to my fabrication skills, I shouldn't be in the business I'm in.

Ozbooster should know what stick to use, he has lengthened his swingarms for use at LSR events.

I'll PM him... thanks!

I've used both 4043 and 5356 wire

Have you kept up with the products? Any idea how they're holding up? I could think of benefits and downfalls to both...

Well, I went ahead and put in an order with my supplier for some 6061-T6 rectangular tubing... progress to come soon.

Like you,I also weld professionally and if my joints leak buildings explode and go boom.
As for the stressed parts on bikes that Ive welded,which I think you are inquiring about,I've never had any issues using either filler wire and both have pro's/con's. I've done several broken motor mounts with 4043&5356,about 6-8 broken frame tabs,and 4 swingarm repairs from other so called "welders"...even reluctantly welded on a set of shitty bolt on extensions for a buddy(don't ask lol). They've all held up with no issues. For radiators&such I like 4043.
Hope this hepled ;)

Back