BUSA SOUNDS LIKE A TL1000! HELP! Misfiring?

And what, may I ask, is wrong with the way a TL-R sounds???

4842444864_dc797c32b5.jpg

:poke:

I had a TLR b4 UPGRADING to the ALMIGHTY BUSA!:lol: Besides its sound and wheelies thats the only thing its good for! o and it was really good at givving u burnt nuts!:lol: :rofl:

If you are idle below 1200 it will sound "off" Most idle their bikes up to 1400-1700 to smooth out all the shyt talk these beast make when they idle. Also set your fast idle cable up to 3500-3800 for a poor mans cruise control, and quicker warm up times. I would try this before i spent 60 bucks for a diag.
Also note that when you are idled up you will have less engine braking. Pay attention to that if you enter your corners aggressively. You will require a little more brake, and when you downshift it will be a more smooth transition.

Last edited:
Called the local dealer he said tps sensor may be outta wack! so imma attept to adjust it my self. coming off the throttle i take a while for the rpms to come down back to idle position. got the fast idle set at 3.2 it sounds like he is right.. i way need them to map it for me seeing that i dont have a power commander. on a full d&d system. at idle it is very consistant no jumping no stalling. just sounds like its running funny. cant quite put my finger on it....

if there are no dead spots surging or bucking its unlikely tps related. Taking a second to come to idle after reving is common when your idle is above 1150. There is less vacuum to slow the engine down. If it was consistantly doing this one symptom out of the blue I would suspect it more. If its randomly hanging a higher throttle after a rev its more likely dirty throttle bodies or gummed up throttle blades or even the throttle blade shaft could be sticking, or the cables or throttle grip sticking. Also with the miles you got your throttle bodies probably need synced. One or two throttle bodies could be slightly more cracked open. This would cause rich/lean variances and increase risk of misfire and plug fouling.

To remedy and eliminate all possibilities.
1. Clean throttle bodies and the shaft bushings.
2. Lube the cables.
3. Test tps while still installed on bike using throttle grip for wot
4. Sync throttle bodies.

If problem persist check your tune. with the full exhaust system you have the stock tune is not dangerously inaccurate. wouldn't cause any issues but you may extract a few extra HP and throttle response if you get it tuned. But NEVER tune a limping bike. Make sure plugs, injectors, and throttle bodies are immaculate and synced.
Posted via Mobile Device

The running funny could still be dirty injectors. You can't clean them efficiently yourself. Its absolutely impossible.
Posted via Mobile Device

OK ELINORE IS PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS! took the bike out today and it gradually started sounding like a lawn mower again! and it would not accelerate. FINALLY GOT IT HOME! Tore it apart and 2 plugs are fouled out wet. like they were not firing! i think this leads me back to the coil theory! or maybe injectors! order the coils today. in the mean time can it do a tbsync with fouled out plugs???

If they were the same two plugs, you could be in to something. Swap the coils from the two good cylinders and see if the problem moves. If it doesn't you can narrow it closer to clogging injector. If the nozzle has trash in it, fuel wont be atomized enough to ignite. coils unlikely to work sometimes and them fail again and they are even less likely to gradually increase your symptoms. but injectors that were cleaned up could easily get more trash in it and the splattered, large droplet fuel could gradually foul out a plug to finally not fire leaving them wet. I did warn you about trying to clean the injectors and fuel system yourself. I would take them back off and inspect again for rusty fuel, then send them to be sonic cleaned or swapped for already cleaned flow matched stockers. If that fuel system is immaculate and the filter is replaced you will never regret the repair.

Do not sync throttle bodies with dead cylinders. Excess cylinder pressures in the chamber after the exhaust stroke of a cylinder that fired will pull in different amount of air than a cylinder that didn't. get the plugs firing then sync
Posted via Mobile Device

ok here we go! got tank rresealed, perfectly flowed fuel injectors, new fuel pump! and FINALLY ELINORE IS OUT OF SURGERY! The rust from my tank tore up the entire fuel system. i adjusted my tps and it is running GREA:thumbsup:T! i backfires a lil so i think imma try the pair mod. Thanks everybody for the support!

Back