HELP !!!!! My bike sounds like its going to blow up !!!

Ok HEre is the latest.

FInally had a couple of days to get into it and all the parts arrived.

We dropped the oil pan, (had to disconnect the exhaust)

There were shavings in there allright and a tooth from off the outer clutch basket.

got it all cleaned up and put it back together,

snapped one of those bolts that are spring loaded OUCH !!!!!

Good thing we had extras bolts from the old setup.

Anyway, thats what i get for not using my torque wrench that i couldnt find.

tomorrow we will find the wrench and torque them to 7 lbs like they are suppose to be and see if that fixes everything up like new.

oh yeah, and another 4 qts of oil after we drain the stuff we just put in today (just in case we find some more shavings)

I guess i might need to adjust the clutch cable also.

First time i ever had to do anything like this.

Fun.

Final update...

Put it all back together with fresh oil and Chucks help and the clutch would not work !!!! as soon as I pulled in the lever and clicked it into first it would stall out as if i wasnt even holding the clutch in

We were not happy .... not happy at all.

Scratching our tiny little pea heads... thinking.. this has gotta be something simple. We are not total morans... Morans yes, just not total.

While we were scratching our heads and stareing at the scematics (thanks stangman) we saw that we were missing one of those little coils that goes on the internal basket, oh, and that there has to be a thicker friction plate both on the front and rear of the setup !!!

After that the clutch worked fine and I was happily riding down the road (minus the front plastics) Now I will do one final oil change and that will be it. It pulls like a beast now and I love my busa all over again.... like a girlfriend you havent er.... seen ... in two months.

Thanks for your help guys I appreciate it.

Oh and I know why one of those bolts worked itself loose.

1) I had just bought another bike ( a cruiser Kawi Nomad) so the wife would ride with me---- Busa didnt like that other bike around
2) Had told the wife that I would be selling the busa since I came home with the cruiser without her knowing it-----Busa must have heard me say this and didnt like it
3) I let someone else ride my busa who never rode a busa before. ---- Well that was the last straw and my Busa REALLY DIDNT LIKE THAT. So it threw one of those tiny little pressure plate bolts and F____ed up my ride and left me stranded in Clermont.

Anyway, lessons learned.
Dont add any more bikes to the garage - 2 is enough
Dont even talk about selling my Busa- especially when I never intended to in the first place
Dont let anyone ride her.

Happy riding fellas...

Back