Busa riders in Bakersfield?

I am about 250 miles north of you
biggrin.gif

That is cool. I actually live in Visalia, but I work in Bakersfield. Looking for some riding buddies. Last weekend took a trip to San Luis Obispo on 58 during the night. That is an awesome road! Would like to do that again but in the day and without a passenger, thank God it was a full moon and the road was lit up. Highly reccommend it ! Holla back if you are ever in the area!

58 through Tehachapi is interesting
Kern Canyon can be a decent ride but there is usually a lot of sand on the road so you have to be careful.
Other than that I don't really remember a lot of the twisty roads near by, but there is plenty of farm land for you to do high end runs on.
I will be leaving Fl either the last week of Dec. or the first week of Jan. Should take me 3 to 4 days to ride out there.

On the contrare bro, there are more than enough twisties out here. 58 through tehachapi east of Bakersfield is nowhere near as twisty as 58 west of Bakersfield. Also you have 178 going up into the Sierra Nevada around Lake Isabella, that is a really nice twisty road.

I believe ya, haven't been there in about 9 years though so was just trying to remember what I could. Hell, I don't even remember my mother's address, all I know is SW area.

178 towards Lake Isabella sounds like Kern Canyon road. Last time I was out there I got caught in some serious sand and gravel. That sumb**ch hurt!

(t3rm1n8r @ Nov. 13 2006,12:00) That is cool.  I actually live in Visalia, but I work in Bakersfield.  Looking for some riding buddies.  Last weekend took a trip to San Luis Obispo on 58 during the night.  That is an awesome road!  Would like to do that again but in the day and without a passenger, thank God it was a full moon and the road was lit up.  Highly reccommend it !  Holla back if you are ever in the area!
That is an awesome road. Me and a buddy did it a couple of years ago. We passed 1 car and 1 semi. It was great.

I live in Tehachapi and work in Bakersfield. No Hayabusa, 2003 zx6r, my old mans got a busa however. I have ridden 58 from Barstow all the way to San Luis. The freeway section is okay but a few miles outside Bakersfield to the west 58 is pretty fun, I highly recommend a friend or two as its high speed and in the middle of nowhere so if anything happens you'll want someone else around. 178 up the kern canyon is usually to trafficy and patrolled for my taste. I think its hwy 155 from kernville through woody which dumps back down onto airport road in oildale is really fun. Hwy 33 off of the 58 down into ojai is fun and theres a couple hundred little backroads I cant even name that are great, not to mention Buttonwillow and willowsprings are both right around the corner.

I live in B`town. I don`r ride a Busa, but do vhave a Bandit 1200s. I take the 58 west road from B`town to the coast. The twisties are great. Leaving Mettler and getting on 58 W. is curvey. Once one gets out of the first mountains and onto the valley/flats, you can really open it up for the road is long and flat. You ride past farm land and hit the mountains again. Staying on 58 W, you end up on the 101 a couple miles north of Pismo Beach. Very nice ride. 166 is another story........

Sounds like we gonna have to have a get together. I have been away for a long time and need a refresher on the roads out there

Back