BUSA OVERHEATING

Mine was just overheating too. Hit bottom of red twice last week. My fan was not kicking on. It could be your fan relay. I ordered one today but to make sure that was the only problem, I took the wire of relay and put a jumper wire on the fan wire. Fan fired right up. taped it up and went for a ride and got stuck in traffic (go figure). Stayed cool as heck for 2 hours in traffic. Sounds like you have more issues than mine did, but might want to see if it is fan related. That fan is very important on the Busa.

I finally got my problem fixed and it was the fan relay and the thermostat. I replaced them, put in some
Engine Ice, and now my bike rarely moves past the half way mark. I also did the fan switch mod while I was there. It took about an hour when you include the ride to the store. I will post pics later. I haven't needed it yet but the Texas summer is coming....

(dallasfireman @ Jul. 05 2007,15:16) I finally got my problem fixed and it was the fan relay and the thermostat. I replaced them, put in some
Engine Ice, and now my bike rarely moves past the half way mark.  I also did the fan switch mod while I was there.  It took about an hour when you include the ride to the store. I will post pics later.  I haven't needed it yet but the Texas summer is coming....
Please post pic's,,i almost picked up a fan switch today ,but could not deside if i wanted an led in it,,,makes hookup a bit more complex.
beerchug.gif

Any update on pics? Just got my bike painted, took it for a ride and once I got in town (stop and go traffic) The bike overheated. Seems my fan is not kicking on
firedevil.gif

Thanks,
Shawn

I am having the same problem myself (the boiling sound seems to come from the coolant overflow resevoir but it's actually coming from the motor itself), and a bike mechanic friend of mine told me I probably have an air pocket up near the head (since the coolant line goes down from the radiator and back up to the motor rocking it or revving it won't help if the pocket of air is above the elbow in the coolant line).  He said there is a screw at the back of the motor, up high near the head that I can pull to purge the air from the system, but I can't find it.  A pic of this infamous little screw would be most helpful...  My overheating problem is exacerbated by the Tucson weather and the turbo system, so I'm almost ready to go to the dealership (against every instinct I have) and let them fix the problem.

Just changed the coolant out of mine the other day to prep it for the track. You just have to take your time burping the air out of the system.

On the right side of the bike, squeeze the visible tubes (radiator cap on) and you can hear the surge of bubbles in the system if the are, indeed, any bubbles. Take the radiator cap off and fill it some more. Put it back on and squeeze the tubes some more. Do this until you can't hear the water inside the system any more when you're squeezing those tubes. Then you know you've got it. Run the engine until it warms up. If the hoses do NOT get hot fairly quickly (couple of minutes), then you may still have air in it.

Shut the bike off and squeze those hoses some more. You'll get it if you keep after it. It's not the fastest maintenance job you can do but you CAN do it with some patience. Faster than taking it to the shop, that's for sure!

--Wag--

Back