busa not so busa fast...?

Put a full charge on that battery and make sure it's in good health. PCIII for the pipe. If you still think it's lacking you have options :

1) rear sprocket
2) cams and pistons @$2K @ 200 ponies
3) big bore or NOS @more$ @ same or more pony
4) turbo @lots more $ @ 250 to 700 pony :laugh:

oh forgot, ride a buddies 13.5 :rofl:

The 14 is deff fast but god it is butt ugly and remember it is built by kawasuki, I had a 12 and though it was fast it was a p.o.s. No problem shogun.

lol, yea maybe its just meee. how much are bigger cams for the busa? is it a hard install....and oh yea....how do they make the bike faster lol. thanks:beerchug:
I would replace the exhaust cam with a Brocks and leave the intake cam in. Have some one dial the cams in staight up with an adjustable cam sprocket. Bump the compression one point. If you have the money have the head gas flowed for performance street riding. Dyno the bike,

hahah yea, the zx14 is a kawi, bu the busa is a busa:thumbsup: ive got a power commander on the way it should be here within a few days to help out with my full akro. i am also considering a bmc air filter and the airbox mod. does anybosy run this set-up and if so how good is it and where can i find a map for it??? is the pwrcmdr website the only site with busa maps cuz it sure dont have alot.

New full exhaust I thought you had to get a new map or PC to have it tuned right to increase performance???

hahah yea, the zx14 is a kawi, bu the busa is a busa:thumbsup: ive got a power commander on the way it should be here within a few days to help out with my full akro. i am also considering a bmc air filter and the airbox mod. does anybosy run this set-up and if so how good is it and where can i find a map for it??? is the pwrcmdr website the only site with busa maps cuz it sure dont have alot.
A full exhaust with no pc on a first gen? No wonder its not feeling right to you :laugh: When you get the pc-bmc-airbox mod done you'll be shocked at the difference :thumbsup: It should be a runner :beerchug:

ok so i got a pc and uploaded the map for my full akropovic exhaust. can i use this same map when i put in the bmc air filter? thanks. just to make sure, the bike was running when i 'sent map' and it said map sent successfully, i waited 10 seconds and twisted the throttle to make sure the green light would move..and it did. so i just turned the bike off. did i do that right or what?

yup, now set your throttle position, u need to connect the 9volt adapter and turn key on and set closed and wot. then go ride it and if it feels perfect leave it alone, if not then activate the accelerator pump

thanks camaro, i saw the 'set throttle position' option but i wasnt sure how to sue it. what does this do and what is the best setting to put it on. thanks!

ok camaro i got my throttle position to 0, before it was 1. no my current and closed numbers are matched pretty evenly. do i have to do anything with the open throttle position. so now that its at 0, is it going to make any difference? thx:beerchug:

Back