\'Busa jackets

OB_Animal

Registered
Any other "lucky bastards" like myself out there who somehow got one of those 'Busa jackets as given away to the bike journos and photographers at the official launch of the 'Busa in Spain?
Just wondering.
BTW, if it makes the others feel any better, the jacket is close to useless for wearing it riding your 'Busa as it only has 2 open pockets on the outside, would self-destroy with the speeds our bike is capable off and the fine velcro hooks of the top and bottom closures over the zipper constantly catch on the lining when you're wearing the jacket unzipped.

Mostly dumb luck, to be fair.

One of the mags over here decided to giveaway the jacket their journo had received at the launch. They reasoned that instead of ending-up unused in their offices like so many other stuff they are "treated" to, they'd better give it away to the first 'Busa enthousiast that could prove he owned one (this was 2nd half of March). I sent my proof in the form of a colour-copy of the "papers" for my bike and waited keeping my fingers crossed. About a week later I got a reply-letter telling me I wasn't the first ... but because I had gone through so much trouble (colour-copy impressed them?) they had talked their photographer into giving his' away to me!
Of course I had not mentioned that I've simply got a colour printer/scanner/copier at home and that the 'Busa was my 2nd bike, as then the outcome might have been quite different I'm afraid. Sometimes it helps when things are unknown.

Will add URL's to pics later.

Back