busa dying while idleing

violence

Registered
so just bought an 03 busa with 6500 miles... my first busa by the way and loving every second on it.... but here's my issue...

since i bought it about 3 weeks ago... the bike has randomly died at idle at stop lights??? usually i'll stop... it's idleing... 10 seconds or so pass.. then just shuts off.... it turns right back on... no problems... just that it dies out?? total about 5 times which hasn't been a big deal but i really would like to resolve this issue...

i recently changed the oil on the bike and changed the plugs as well... was hoping maybe it was the plugs because they were pretty beat up... but just today it died again.. same situation every time... now i do have a power commander on there... and i haven't changed the air filter.. which i was thinking about doing next.. don't know if this could be the problem... aslo... is there a fuel filter on the bike? if so maybe this could be the issue... if you got this far.. thanks for reading.. any help is appreciated..

up the idle
smile.gif

Yep ......try the idle set screw ....won't cost ya a thing to do it !
wink.gif

thanks for the quick replies... guys!!!!
beerchug.gif
even with holidays!!!! dab it!!

wow didn't know the idle had to be that high!! 1100! if that's the case then that's likely the issue because the bike idle's at about 800 right now.... i'll raise it and report back either way... thanks again guys great cheap, and simple start to fixing the problem....

happy thanksgiving.....

Its a common problem. The screw backs out from vibration. Some people use a little lock tite, I just adjust it whenever it needs it.

Yep!

I had that happen right a the bottom of freeway off ramp twice and once when I was white lining on the freeway I grabbed the break for a quick stop and she died. Scared the heck out of me!

Let us know.

..., trip

Plan on doing it bi-monthly. If you look at the frame you'll see a removeable plug to make it a 2 minute adjustment
wink.gif

sorry to renew this post... my 01 (with 99943 miles) dies at while idling (randomly) starts just fine. New plugs/coils, idle - 1300ish, tb sync. while at freeway speeds, seems to run fine. Thoughts? trying to get over 100k, probably will but would like to get 111k.

Edit, you already quoted the idle. Check the tip over switch and kick stand switch to rule those out.

Back