Busa dies during acceleration

busaguy12

Registered
The last couple of days my bike has died as I’m rolling the throttle back in 3rd. Never done it before, just started. Pull the clutch in and coast. I was able to find N, it restarted but as I let out on the clutch, it will die again. Have to come to complete stop and then start again and it will take off. Any ideas what it could be? It’s a 2012.

The last couple of days my bike has died as I’m rolling the throttle back in 3rd. Never done it before, just started. Pull the clutch in and coast. I was able to find N, it restarted but as I let out on the clutch, it will die again. Have to come to complete stop and then start again and it will take off. Any ideas what it could be? It’s a 2012.
Happens to me if I didn't idle for a while first.

Seems to me like bad gas or filter. Good fuel aint getting to where it needs to be! I would run her dry and try a new fresh tank of quality gas and maybe an injector cleaner added. If no joy, maybe the filter next.

Kickstand safety switch, tip over switch, clutch safety switch, check for loose connections.

Wait a second, I'll just give my crystal ball a polish up.
Take it to your nearest Suzuki Dealership and tell them the symptons you just described.
They will have it sorted quick smart!
( I've gone all 'Corporate' now . . . no more diagnosis 'over the phone' lol)

at first i thought it was the kickstand switch, but the next time i rode it the same thing happened, so im not sure. it does have a recall on it for a rectifier issue, surely that wouldnt be the problem?

at first i thought it was the kickstand switch, but the next time i rode it the same thing happened, so im not sure. it does have a recall on it for a rectifier issue, surely that wouldnt be the problem?
I've heard of some stuff happening (Stalling?)..when that rectifier goes bad . Gets hot. I haven't had the Recall Done Yet. Mines an 09'. Bikes been sitting a while. Been notified from Suzuki in the mail probably 10 times already..

" Been notified from Suzuki in the mail probably 10 times already.. "

You should get down to your nearest Suzuki Dealership ASAP and get the rectifier replaced under warranty! And while you are there don't forget to get your bike fully serviced by the factory trained Suzuki Technicians!
Did that just sound like an advert? maybe just a little, I'll try to tone it down a bit lol.

Fully charge the battery with a motorcycle smart charger. If the bike then runs you may test voltage at 5000 according to the factory service manual, both cold and hot. The hot high rpm voltage most likely would answer concerns about the rectifier.

Back