Busa clutch?

OB_MDBusa

Registered
I WAS TOLD BY A 99 BUSA OWNER THAT THE CLUTCH PROBLEM WAS FIXED BY SUZUKI ON THE 2000 BUSA'S. HAS ANYONE HEARD THIS? I HAVEN'T REALLY TRIED LEAVING HARD ON MINE. DOES BROCK KNOW? IF HE DID I DOUBT HE WOULD TELL. WE WOULDN'T NEED HIS CLUTCH MOD.

I don't know Brock personally, but from what I've seen him post and what I've read about him, He would tell. I have a '00 and mine has not been fixed by Suzuki. Clutch grabs hard and will not slip. Mine seems to engage at slightly different spots making really smooth shifts a test. Try launching harder and then slip the clutch a little to keep traction and let us know how it works. I for one would be pleased to know it has been changed. Jack

Yes I have the heavier carpenter springs and a brock mod.
It is really to heavy for the street and a little harder to lauch with out more HP

MD BUSA, THE 00 BUSA DOESN'T HAVE THE CLUTCH FIX. DO THE MOD AND PUT 2.25 SPRING SPACERS FROM SCHINTZ RACING IN, IT WORKS GOOD.

Cyclestuff: I think I already gave you the 411, on that. Order same, 8 or 9 fibers ( '83 GPZ 750 ) from Barnett, and get some steel plates from local bike junk yard.

To JC: You're still going through OEM plate sets ? I still have same plates, from 4+ months ago, with no apparent wear. ( my Barnett combo ).

c.dolan

What's the deal with the gpz fibers for the busa? How much are the fibers and what plates would i use, gpz also?

To MD: '83 GPZ 750. '77 to '83 KZ 650, are just a few of the Kawasaki plates that fit. It requires a different arrangement, and number of plates. The total stack height must be 2.000", or very close. The Kaw plates are same thickness as the 2 thick plates in Busa. The steel plates are .010 to .015" thicker on Kaw. I use 8 thick plates, with a combination of Busa, or GPZ plates, to get desired stack height. If you get Brock device, use shims. If not, use 2 14mm spark plug shims, under each spring.

Back