Brock or Carpenter clutch mod?

OB_dragabusa

Registered
Anyone with input on the Brock Davidson clutch mod or the Carpenter clutch locking ring? Which is better for a dragrace set-up?

Brock, I'm not doughting you, but there is competition out there now.

[This message has been edited by dragabusa (edited 31 January 2000).]

Don't forget to take a look at Gatlin Racing's clutch mods and MTC is almost ready for there lock up to be sold. They (MTC) have made a couple of prototypes for the busa that will be down at Daytona.

I have installed both, recommend the Brock clutch mod. The Carpenter one just hooked too much did not let you slip at all would be great with very high hp.

[This message has been edited by Johnnycheese (edited 31 January 2000).]

I have Brock's mod and it works perfect. I like my clutch now, before the mod I just couldnt launch the bike, now I can and you do have control.

Sounds like people like the brock clutch better. A couple of my friends have the brock mod and love it, but i just wanted some info on carpenters.

If it ain't killed Vegas Dude it won't likly kill you...I reach speeds where you realy think about a component failure at an inopportune moment...but'Dude goes much faster, and further at speed than I get to do, so I have a better Idea of what can be expected realsticly from the components I have chosen...

Brock, I have talked to you at the rock and atco on several occasions and i know you are a wizzard at engineering. I was just trying to get the feel of the new "ring" that Carpenter has. He and Steve swear by it "of course." You are right, it's the down time thats the killer. Well Brock, I know where my money will go now. I will call shnitz in the very near future.

No proplem Brock;
I only tell the truth it pays in the long run.
Like I said I have my friend duplicate your setup and he said never again,he is a certified welder and underwater welder too.
he said you are nuts doing it that cheap.
But heck I works!!!!!!
Keep up the good work.
Johnnycheese@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Johnnycheese (edited 02 February 2000).]

Johnnycheese,
Thanks for confirming what I have been telling people will happen with the "ring".
It was the first idea that I threw out when I recognized the need for a cure. Although it is less of a pain than a core-type mod....It simply can not do the job properly!
I care about function, others only care about profit.

Brock
b-davidson@msn.com

Back