Busa @ Brainerd

OB_jeffw

Registered
Shane had a crash during the last qualify lap he was on.....we attempted to get him to the grid before the race started (1 houre after the crash).

Shane had to start from pit road and wait until the other bike were into turn one (1/2 mile). So he started 26th, finished 12th......just had bad luck since he was turning the same lap times as the leaders.

Bummer! He sure put in a good effort to finish that far up. I'll let you know on the pics. BTW way I checked out your site and looked over the pics. Quite the carbon look. If you ever come a cross the carbon fiber inner fairing panels let me know. A-Techs were a bit on the spendy side.
Mike

Wel looks like the mighty Busa did not come close to the 200 mph mark on track. It hit 179! After changing to a light weight crank, they lost 12 hp.

A Honda 929 did 187 mph......the fastest bike on the straight.

I heard the announcer say Rad hit 184 but it would have been good to see a better figure tho. Say I took a couple of pics of your rider #19 (Shane Clark?) What happened to him on the first lap? He did do some good catching up. I'll put a few pics on line when I get my film.
Mike

Made it back without getting another ticket!!!

[This message has been edited by HYABYA (edited 31 July 2000).]

Back