TRACKADDIX weekend at Brainerd!

Speedfreak391

Donating Member
Registered
This past weekend I was at a TrackAddix weekend at Brainerd International Raceway. I took my SV650s race bike, and the big bird. I thought I would only put a couple laps on the Busa. Boy was this a BLAST! Let me tell ya, now this isn't the first time I've had a Busa out on a track, but boy oh boy, you wouldn't believe how much speed you can carry on this track!
I thought it was funny, that some of the guys started call it the purple streak?
rock.gif
I could reel in the 1000's and blow past them on the straight, with an awesome slide out of turn 10, to get a killer drive out on to the straight. Now at the end of the straight I was at about 9500 rpm's in 6th, then would down shift into 5th, for turn one. I think I was dropping in at about 160-170 mph. From turn 1 into turn 2, would back out of it down to about 7500 rpm in 5th, then bang down into 2nd for turn 3, with stock gearing you can carry 2nd around the whole infield, wiht some really cool power slide's I might add!
super.gif
Turn 6 is really cool its a nice left hander the you can pull some really killer spin wheelies out of, in 2nd gear.
I only had one pucker factor moment, and that was coming out of turn 8, I spun it up a little too much, and she tried to spit me off, Oh yeah! I was out of the seat and off the pegs.
AAAssjani.gif
But I caught it and recovered it. Turn 9 is a 1st gear corner on the busa, and man can you carry an accelleration wheelie out of that corner thru 3rd, then back down to 2nd for turn 10, a nice banked right hander that you can really motor thru and out of.
If you get the chance to go to a TRACKADDIX Track day do it these folk's are great, Dean and Kim, and Alex and his wife, they really put on a great track day!
beerchug.gif

Cool deal speed freak looks like a blast i have done one track day is all I plan to attend the school down at Mid America then i can do all the trax addics sessions i want but need a schooled track time first before they will let me probly run the busa even thought i have a 600 i could use but it;s been collecting dust i need to sell it or tear it down and sell it for parts

Rumorville has it that Brainard International is closing and a six flags is going in.
Same sources say they are planing a new raceway by Forest Lake or somewhere
just north of the cities. Third hand knowledge but fairly reliable.???

Hey midnight I met you at Hitmans shop during his open house! Is that turbo up to par yet? I went to BIR with Billy,aka Hitman! Find a smaller bike to go to MAM on. I have had alot of experience with that track, its more fun than BIR, but not on a big bike track. Your 954 might be good out there, but you might want to change the gearing first.

Rumorville has it that Brainard International is closing and a six flags is going in.
Same sources say they are planing a new raceway by Forest Lake or somewhere
just north of the cities.  Third hand knowledge but fairly reliable.???
BIR was closeing, but I think the Six Flags deal fell through. I think that BIR has signed contracts with CRA for the next 2 yrs., so I don't think the track is going anywhere too soon.
I have met with the guy that is trying to build the new track in Pine City. It will be called Pine Run, and it will have a road coarse, go-kart track, 1/4 mile drag strip, and he might be doing an oval. To my knoledge, he has already pulled permits to start working on it. The last time I talked to him, he was awaiting approval, from the city and county. I hope he gets this one built, man that would be awesome
idea.gif

Back