Busa Bash

slime

Registered
Hey folks, hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to make a suggestion. Last time at the gap, we only saw 2 cops, both driving. That was 2 weeks ago, but Blount county got the grant again this year to have a "presence" at the gap. What we do as we get to the overlook is stop and ask another rider (one who has already made a pass through ) if "The Man" is in the area. Great way to find out if you can ride at your pace or need to stick to the posted limit. Just wanted to give everyone a little heads up. Ironically, after spending the day riding the gap, I received a "Riding award" (my first ever on a motorcycle after 35+ years of riding)on a road near my apartment at 9.30 on a sunday night(march 31, end of the month)AND with my V1 yelling at me!
banghead.gif
55 in a 30........OUCH! I was told it would be $105. If I go to court and lose, another $13. Not sure about the points, but I was told by the clerk that they are not fond of speeders
wowold.gif
Sorry I won't be able to give you folks the inside scoop before the bash, as my court date is may 6. Wish Me Luck!
YMMV
P.S.
Deal's Gap IS Blount county too.
RIDE SAFE

Check into going to their driver safety school. They let me do that and I got a reduced fine and no ticket on my record.

$105 ha- My tickets are all 250+ here in Fl. I'm glad it's so cheap up there, now I won't be so worried at the bash.

I just go to court, pay my little fine and they drop the points every time....they're just after the $$.

I aint got a rinding award "yet" and especially dont want one in another state. I guess I'll be enjoying the scenery at the posted.
beerchug.gif

I got an invitation to the Haywood County courthouse (NC/TN border). Didn't know better and paid it. I paid an additional $700 in insurance over three years because of it.

Don't know about TN, but I would look into an attorney. I'm sure you'll get all the solicitations in the mail....

On the TN side 35 is not an unreasonable speed lol but remember the NC side is 55, though that's the sweeper side. I really like the other roads too though (hwy 28, the cherahola, the foothills parkway <--- really like that one)

Back