Busa Bash Members get slandered

I just don't see why a bunch of 'Busas would go to the gap, anyway.  I don't think I'm letting a secret out by saying that 'Busas are definitely NOT known for their outstanding handling characteristics... They're largely for straight line performance and, not to stereotype, but generally that's the crowd that buys them: straight line bandits/people who don't take turns at speed...

someone should post this pic on that website

busa_20lean1.jpg

another report from www.taleofthedragon....reports as follows...

CURRENT NEWS:

TAIL OF THE DRAGON has been named as one of the best websites for North Carolina bikers by BIKERS MAGAZINE. Thanks !
APRIL 16, Saturday: Another rider flown-out . Cruiser hits bank at Beginner's End near TN/NC border. Driver airlifted, passenger taken to hospital in ambulance. Once again there are rumors of one or two deaths on the Dragon Friday. TN HP reports no deaths as of 9 am Sunday morning. We did hear that one rider suffered serious internal injuries after hitting a rock wall, but he is reportedly still fighting for his life. Very busy weekend on the Dragon so ride cautiously and stay alert.
APRIL 15, Friday: MAYHEM ON THE DRAGON... We know of at least 5 accidents on or near the Dragon with 4 transports (3 were airlifted). Contrary to rumors, as of 8 am Saturday morning - the TNHP reports NO fatalities. Blount County SO began a stricter enforcement in the afternoon - and we can't blame them. If you are coming the Dragon this weekend, we advise you to ride safe and within the law.

Right and they have this in mind.
But there are no pubilc roads safe enought for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
another great post....I guess we are just a bunch of want a be's old folks that have the fastest bike in the world and it can't do nothing but ride straight lines...lol thanks for the post....and for the record I think Hayabusa.org is the best website for the motorcyle buff....and I know personally several of the finest riders I have ever known.....my hats off to the board....:cool:

I just got settled in, home from Robbinsville. Very upset about my friend Paul, but I still love that place.
This mudslinging is crazy. I was with the small group riding with Paul when he went down. Paul & I were the only Busa.org members in the group. None of the other accidents this weekend involved Busas or Busa.org folks to the best of my knowledge. To blame us for attracting law enforcement is unfounded. The officer that worked Paul's accident told us that they were set to be up there anyway, and that next weekend they had already scheduled fifteen officers to patrol the Dragon, not because of anyones actions in particular, but because this is considered the semi-official "kick off of the season". Everyone makes mistakes, and it doesn't matter what you ride.
Who are these people that claim a Busa doesn't handle, hence doesn't belong up on the Dragon? Have YOU ever ridden a Busa? Nobody claims a Busa to handle like a 600 or 1K, but mine will corner just fine on the Dragon. Been up & down it many times with no problem. Personally, I like the Cherohala, 28, & the Foothills, but to each his own.
Also, were these people making these speculations actually there? Did they personally witness this craziness they accuse of taking place? Did they see me? Am I included in this? I was there all weekend, and don't recall anybody being anything but kind and supportive to me. If someone felt they were confronted by a rider or group of riders that might cause a problem , I would hope they would have the backbone to step up and lsay something. No one said anything to me. I would have considered their point of view.
Regardless, my friend will recover fully, his bike is not a total loss, and I am certain he will be back up there on a Busa. I have returned home with my Busa & myself unscathed and a bit more experienced once again. I too will return in a couple of months, and I will be back many times after that. Every trip is a learning experience.
The guys I met at the Bash were not wackos- far from it. Very down to earth group of people. Good people, all searching for pretty much the same things. In no way should anyone slander them for ONE Busa rider's accident. They were not even with us when it happened as I stated earlier. I consider everyone in the group I met up there to be good people. Most are quite accomplished riders, some better riders than you or I will ever be.
Don't know if I've helped or made it worse, but that's my two cents. Just sounds to me that there is a lot of hearsay going around, and speculation as well. Need to gather facts, but even if you have them, Doesn't mean you should slam anybody or their preference.

Scott

I just don't see why a bunch of 'Busas would go to the gap, anyway.  I don't think I'm letting a secret out by saying that 'Busas are definitely NOT known for their outstanding handling characteristics... They're largely for straight line performance and, not to stereotype, but generally that's the crowd that buys them: straight line bandits/people who don't take turns at speed...

someone should post this pic on that website
I would of posted the pic but the topic is locked. I made a comment on there about the busa handling is more what they think. One time they thought Creekboy made the comments that i made.

Thanks for the post Scott aka bronc3.....I totally agree I sent you a pm ...let me know what room paul is in and I will go and see the bro.....Im only a few minutes from UT.....thanks for your support on the board...

Yeah I went back to there site and seen they had put a lock on the subject after all what was said.....and seen where they mistaken you for me....thanks for the post bs72069.....

Hey guys... I didn't intend to start a war by coming over here and inviting you guys to our site... I just thought you may like a little more information about the accidents and so forth this weekend.  And I can tell you that none of us wish anything but the best for you all and your fallen brothers.... no one deserves to get hurt doing what they love.

The point that I'd really like to drive home here-  It's okay to not like someone or something.  We all have likes and dislikes, and some of us voice those opinions more loudly than others.  But it's the generalizations that really get people stirred up, as in, "All 'Busa riders....."   It's easy to see why some of you took offense, as well as why some of my peeps did too when generalizations were thrown back.  

We could probably all stand to be a little more careful when describing a group of people/riders as a whole, and when reading things that members of other groups have written.  It's an individual's opinion, not the group's.  Every bunch has bad apples, that's for damn sure.
beerchug.gif
super.gif

Hey guys... I didn't intend to start a war by coming over here and inviting you guys to our site... I just thought you may like a little more information about the accidents and so forth this weekend.  And I can tell you that none of us wish anything but the best for you all and your fallen brothers.... no one deserves to get hurt doing what they love.

The point that I'd really like to drive home here-  It's okay to not like someone or something.  We all have likes and dislikes, and some of us voice those opinions more loudly than others.  But it's the generalizations that really get people stirred up, as in, "All 'Busa riders....."   It's easy to see why some of you took offense, as well as why some of my peeps did too when generalizations were thrown back.  

We could probably all stand to be a little more careful when describing a group of people/riders as a whole, and when reading things that members of other groups have written.  It's an individual's opinion, not the group's.  Every bunch has bad apples, that's for damn sure.
beerchug.gif
Thanks Tj
thumbs-up.gif

I have a few things to add to this thread, first of all I guess cold shoulder by someone seems to count for everyone.  Hossheim aka Steve if you feel this way about us or our organization, then we wish you the best but don't play both sides of the fence....this is another copy and paste from the Easttnriders.com...and I wished you would just chill out man...

Okay.... I disavow any affiliation with these Hayabusa NUTCASES! I approached a couple of them at CROT and was given the cold shoulder. Hmmmmm, not exactly the warm east-Tennessee attittude I've grown accustomed to when I meet people from this board.

A Blount County Sheriff told me that they had to airlift 3 people of the hill Friday and there were five accidents. The police will be out in force this weekend.

I'm taking the wife to the Cherohala for lunch at the Bistro. If any of you are up there, give us a wave. I'll be riding the SLOW busa and my wife will be one her red VFR800.

Ride safe!
Steve
tsk tsk tsk. steve steve steve. Whats the dealy man? You should really talk to the dealer since they gave you a slow busa, id get my money back. And get a bike that NUTCASES dont ride. Seem a little 2 faced to me.

In my 4 days of riding in and around the Dragon, there were no "nutcases" among the Busa Bash group...PERIOD! I don't ride with screwballs who have one foot in the grave. One Busa rider made a mistake and crashed. Why does anyone need to make a Federal case out of it with sweeping generalizations about "wacko" and "nutcase" Busa riders? That kind of emotional bias tells more about the people making the comments than anything close to reality and it's just plain wrong. We ALL make mistakes!

Heal fast Brother Paul--prayers sent.

Right and they have this in mind.
But there are no pubilc roads safe enought for this.
Your pretty much throwing the dice if you lean like this on a public road.
I'm not even gonna comment on the rest of this thread, however.... this is *exactly* how folks ride the gap at times which is why its soooo dang dangerous. Doubt my claim, visit and surf through some shots there. The guys riding that way are *usually* locals BUT not always and thats a whole other thread.... point is that some folks up there do think the road is just some fancy pants moto gp track and race it from one end to the other.... imagine putting granny out on a F1 race track in a mustang during the race.... yeah, just like that
wow.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the guys from east tenn riders made a blanket statment, and people took it personally. They were trying to warn people about the dangers of Deals Gap. I personally think that it is plain stupid, as well as illeagle to try and make a racetrack out of any public road. I know my limits but even at that I have ridden over my head before when riding with a bunch of people it's easy to get tied up in it. I make a concerned effort to not do it any more and haven't for years now.
But I think that this deal was blown way out of porportion.

In my 4 days of riding in and around the Dragon, there were no "nutcases" among the Busa Bash group...PERIOD! I don't ride with screwballs who have one foot in the grave. One Busa rider made a mistake and crashed. Why does anyone need to make a Federal case out of it with sweeping generalizations about "wacko" and "nutcase" Busa riders? That kind of emotional bias tells more about the people making the comments than anything close to reality and it's just plain wrong. We ALL make mistakes!

Heal fast Brother Paul--prayers sent.
Thanks, well put.

Another comment that I copied....

I just don't see why a bunch of 'Busas would go to the gap, anyway.  I don't think I'm letting a secret out by saying that 'Busas are definitely NOT known for their outstanding handling characteristics...
Oh please. Take some time to set-up the suspension right and they are loads of fun in the twisties. So it may be a bit heavy in the tight stuff but it will pull through just fine.

Imagestation.com closed, link removed

Steve You gota come around next time the Busa Bash is in that area. I really want to meet the guy and shake his hand that rides a Busa always within the law and always riding with the utmost of safty. I will make sure to have those foot pegs shined up real good for ya.
face7.gif

Man... I'm glad I didn't make it up there to ride with all you nut cases!
laugh.gif

I'm just kidding, but no doubt someone will take it wrong and go on a mission to badmouth me. I wish I'd been off from work. I'd have been there for at least one day of ridin' with you guys.

Back