Busa Bash Members get slandered

Creekboy

Registered
There is a local organization that give the Busa Club Members a bad rap ...I copied and pasted this for you all to see ..It appears the Busa Bash III particpants are a bit wacko and should be avoided. Maybe too many drag racers and flat-landers have shown up with too much horsepower and too little throttle control?
rock.gif
There were over 40 pages of messages on Hayabusa Board with people all jacked up about getting to ride the Dragon. I saw too many chrome-plated foot pegs yesterday for my taste! Hopefully their hormones have settled down abit.

There were plenty of law enforcement officers up there and I would expect there will be as many today. PLEASE use caution. Heck, even as slow as I am I got pulled over and received a warning for speed and passing.

Have a safe weekend!
Steve
This organizations website is easttnriders.com
I sent them a response to all the bullshit...any others care to comment please sign up and let them know...Mick

Another comment that I copied....

I just don't see why a bunch of 'Busas would go to the gap, anyway. I don't think I'm letting a secret out by saying that 'Busas are definitely NOT known for their outstanding handling characteristics... They're largely for straight line performance and, not to stereotype, but generally that's the crowd that buys them: straight line bandits/people who don't take turns at speed... That's why I cringed when I heard a bunch of 'Busa riders were going to be at the gap... Anyway, I really do hope nobody is seriously hurt, and if they are, that they heal quickly...

Yeah, I posted that message. And guess what? I ride a 2005 busa. I registered for Busa Bash III, and went up to meet folks on Friday. And yes, I did get the cold shoulder from those I met at CROT, and yes, I did see more chrome plated gadgets and foot pegs than I thought I would ever see.

That said, I met two friendly busa riders on the Cherohala yesterday.

So what's the problem? There are too many folks up on the Gap all jacked up about riding it. And guess what? They were lifeflighting people off the Gap yesterday as well. I now know of at least 4 people who sustained injuries sufficient to require a helicopter ride off the hill. How much you wanna bet they lifeflight a few off today?

And you want to get worked up because I posted my personal experience for my friends? It's the internet for crying out loud...

Steve

hehe.. nice commentary.. I've ran into those guys on hayabusas too (not THESE guys.. just this type of guy) your not alone hoss..

although I do wonder what percentage of the lifeflighters/wrecks were actually hayabusas.. i noticed the pics of the dude that wrecked and the bike caught fire was not a 'busa.. or atleast didn't appear to be a busa.

for whatever reason the busa bash folks seem to be getting the blame for the wrecks and such.. i just haven't seen any numbers supporting the theory that its all their fault.

next time we come down to the gap I'll drop ya a line before we leave and maybe we can hook up and ride a little. At the very least you can meet up with another busa rider that doesn't have the "it's the world fastest, so obviously it's the best" attitude.

Well Steve you should have read the interary and seen yesterday we met at Hooters in Maryville, come by and meet the members just like I did...they are great people and riders....IDIOTS isnt acceptable espically from another Busa rider....sorry but I call it like it is...

I only know of one busa that involved a lifeflight. The guy who burned his bike to the ground was on a Yamaha R1. The guy who went over the cliff into the trees was on a Suzuki, but it looked like a GSXR750(?). It was bright yellow and black. The others I did not see. One of my associates claims more than one 'busa was involved in accidents, but remains unsubstantiated. One is bad enough, let's hope there are no more!

Steve

Ok.... Take two! Basically before anymore mud is thrown lets salvage what could be a great friendship. I'll start off by welcoming Steve to the site! Its nice to see someone share an interest in at least our favorite ride.

Steve Im not here to start an internet war....we all ride whether it be Busa's or other bikes, but when you make comments to other websites about the Busa members like this...

It appears the Busa Bash III particpants are a bit wacko and should be avoided.
Then what are you saying its not good forum and those comments should be kept to yourself. Im sure Im not the only member on this board to take offense, in fact I talked with another member this morning on the phone who seen all the crap posted on easttnriders.com about our Busa Bash that was coming up and telling others to stay away...and your comments didnt help things. I had a great time with the members here, and Im apolize if you met a few that was cold...wished you had been around us yesterday....and by the way I would ride with you anytime...just let me know....keep it cool...Mick

Mick, we can't control what is said and done on other sites but we can control what we do here.... My old boss use to tell me the best thing you can do to someone who is less than nice is to "Kill them with kindness.."  I'm not suggesting that Easttnriders.com is a bad group of guys. What I am saying is there is a certain since of belonging no matter what site you have joined. Its this belonging that sometimes leads to the inadvertant discussion of a person, place, or thing (albiet sometimes in a negative light).........

so out of 5 wrecks.. more than likely 4 were not busa's... yet the busa's are being blamed...

nice.. hayabusa, scourge of deals gap.

i suppose i'm the only one looking at it that way though.

i think you had more of a problem with the guys attitudes than anything else.. maybe a tad early to raise the alarm to evacuate the gap..but hey, what ever makes you happy.

i wasn't there or whatever.. i just think it's funny how the posts were acting like 500 goldwings had showed up,, or even worse the national ricer convention was coming to town with an award for longest drift thru deals gap being awarded or something.

-run on sentences are my nature.

I only know of one busa that involved a lifeflight.  The guy who burned his bike to the ground was on a Yamaha R1.  The guy who went over the cliff into the trees was on a Suzuki, but it looked like a GSXR750(?).  It was bright yellow and black.  The others I did not see.  One of my associates claims more than one 'busa was involved in accidents, but remains unsubstantiated.  One is bad enough, let's hope there are no more!

Steve
Would this be the start of an apology? It only takes one small step.....

I agree totally what you have said, and I believe that other websites including Easttnriders.com is a good organization....just like ours and we (ALL) get bad raps because quote" we ride bikes..." I see that Hossheim aka Steve is a new member like myself... I just think some comments are best kept to yourself, being a member here I would have put my opinions before I would post to another site:
and Steve without a doubt your probably a cool dude and would ride with you anytime...but really when it comes to our organization please in the future any compliants or suggestions about the Busa Bash or other things that go with our organization..keep in our backyard. Again I apoligize that you got the cold shoulder from a few....but just because a few apples get spoiled in the basket doesnt mean the rest doesnt taste good....keep the wheels up Mick

Most of the less than glamourous comments came from what I percieve as two other members. Maybe this stone throwing can be stopped early.....

IN CASE YOU MISSED THE POST ON THE OTHER SITE CLICK ME TO READ

Let 'em talk whatever smack they want on their board. They just need to grow up. They sound like a bunch of Harley riders who think they are the only ones allowed to be on a bike. IMO not worth our time.

Hey guys... I didn't intend to start a war by coming over here and inviting you guys to our site... I just thought you may like a little more information about the accidents and so forth this weekend. And I can tell you that none of us wish anything but the best for you all and your fallen brothers.... no one deserves to get hurt doing what they love.

The point that I'd really like to drive home here- It's okay to not like someone or something. We all have likes and dislikes, and some of us voice those opinions more loudly than others. But it's the generalizations that really get people stirred up, as in, "All 'Busa riders....." It's easy to see why some of you took offense, as well as why some of my peeps did too when generalizations were thrown back.

We could probably all stand to be a little more careful when describing a group of people/riders as a whole, and when reading things that members of other groups have written. It's an individual's opinion, not the group's. Every bunch has bad apples, that's for damn sure.

I was there for 4 days and just got home. On one day, there were 6 confirmed crashes by 2 PM. To the best my knowledge, only one was a Hayabusa. The next day, I am aware of at least 5 crashes and I never heard the word "Hayabusa" associated with any of the reports on that day. One rider among us (mentioned above) is in U.T. Hospital and recovering. I know of NO OTHER Hayabusa crashes, including our Busa Bash group.

I got to meet and talk with almost every Busa Bash rider there (and rode with many at one time or another) and it was obvious that these guys UNDERSTAND what a Busa can and can't do and respect both it and their own limits. The buzz phrase was "Ride at YOUR OWN pace". Of course, I've only been riding for 4 decades (so what do I know?) but I saw no Hayabusa being ridden in a careless or unskilled manner and...ANYONE can make a mistake!!! If the Busa Bash guys are "wackos", I'll eat my tires...!

<!--EDIT|WarBaby
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113781251 -->

I'm not wanting to, nor will I, pass judgement on the people at Busa Bash specifically, or Deal's Gap in general. I wasn't there, afterall.

But this is something I have to comment on:

IDIOTS isnt acceptable espically from another Busa rider....sorry but I call it like it is... [/QUOTE]

I disagree.

Regardless of what a person is riding, where they live or work, what they do, how they live, whatever, if someone is coming off as an idiot, just because they ride the same bike is no reason for them to get a free ride from that opinion.

I have a coworker who rides like a moron, and freaking highsided on a highway entrance ramp because he thinks he's gods gift to riding. Shattered his arm in about five places, rashed up his bike and everything. Just because I work with him and he rides what I ride didn't keep me from telling him that he needs to stop riding like an a$$hole.

I dunno, I just don't see how what one rides, thinks or does excuses them from being called on their stupidity, if they are showing it.

I have a few things to add to this thread, first of all I guess cold shoulder by someone seems to count for everyone. Hossheim aka Steve if you feel this way about us or our organization, then we wish you the best but don't play both sides of the fence....this is another copy and paste from the Easttnriders.com...and I wished you would just chill out man...

Okay.... I disavow any affiliation with these Hayabusa NUTCASES! I approached a couple of them at CROT and was given the cold shoulder. Hmmmmm, not exactly the warm east-Tennessee attittude I've grown accustomed to when I meet people from this board.

A Blount County Sheriff told me that they had to airlift 3 people of the hill Friday and there were five accidents. The police will be out in force this weekend.

I'm taking the wife to the Cherohala for lunch at the Bistro. If any of you are up there, give us a wave. I'll be riding the SLOW busa and my wife will be one her red VFR800.

Ride safe!
Steve

Here is a copy of the local newspaper about the weekends events .....

2005-04-17
by Anna C. Irwin
of The Daily Times Staff

Three injured motorcyclists were airlifted from U.S. 129 Friday by Lifestar and two more on Saturday.

Almost all the crashes occurred on the Dragon, the 11-mile section of the highway between Tab Cat Creek and the North Carolina state line famous in motorcycling circles for its 318 curves.

Tail of the Dragon Web site at www.tailofthedragon.com reported in its news section posted Saturday morning that there were ``at least five accidents on or near the Dragon'' Friday with four people taken to hospitals, three of them airlifted due to the severity of their injuries.

According to Tail of the Dragon, ``BCSO (Blount County Sheriff's Office) began a stricter enforcement in the afternoon (on Friday) -- and we can't blame them. If you are coming to the Dragon this weekend, we advise you to ride safe and within the law.''

According to the Web site, motorcyclists who ride Suzuki's Hyabusa model were gathering at Robbinsville, N.C., for Busa Bash III, an event which included rides throughout the area including the Dragon.

Sheriff James Berrong confirmed that he put extra officers on the winding highway Friday afternoon, funding the extra patrol with some of the money from a highway safety grant. He said efforts to keep motorcyclists and other motorists who use U.S. 129 safe will continue. He also said he appreciates the safety messages displayed on the Web site and hopes riders take heed.

At 11:15 a.m. Friday, Tennessee Highway Patrol Trooper Ernest Marion responded to a motorcycle crash on U.S. 129 about a mile from the Monroe County line. Martin said Tomas Hradil, 30, of Chicago was thrown off his bike on a curve and the motorcycle caught fire.

Rural/Metro Ambulance Service paramedics determined that Hradil's injuries appeared serious enough to require airlifting him to University of Tennessee Medical Center by Lifestar. He was treated in the emergency room and had been released Saturday evening.

At 12:06 p.m. Friday, Blount County Sheriff's deputies investigated a crash on U.S. 129 near the Tennessee/North Carolina line. Paul J. Sisilli, 42, of Port St. Lucie, Fla., was headed northbound down the Dragon when he lost control of his Suzuki Hyabusa motorcycle and went into a ditch.

Again, Rural/Metro Ambulance Service paramedics called for Lifestar to take Sisilli to UT Hospital. He was listed in stable condition Saturday.

Shortly before 2 p.m. Friday, Trooper Bryan Martin responded to a motorcycle crash near the 6-mile marker on the Dragon. He said James Henry III, 35, of Georgia was negotiating a curve when he lost control and went off a 15-foot embankment. Henry was also airlifted to UT hospital, treated and later released.

Around 1 p.m. Saturday, Trooper Brent Cagle investigated a motorcycle crash on the Dragon that sent both people aboard the bike to UT hospital by Lifestar. Details of the accident and names of the victims were not available Saturday evening.

In addition to the three motorcycle accidents Friday requiring the services of Lifestar, the medical evacuation helicopter responded to Blount County two more times, picking up someone injured in a horseback riding accident near Tremont in Great Smoky Mountains National Park at a landing zone in Townsend and transporting a man injured in a lawnmower accident at Walland.

The five Lifestar trips to Blount County is believed to be a record number of responses here in a single day.

Back