busa backfiring

jeffsbusa

Registered
Whats up, been reading the site for a while and have learned alot, but 1st time i have posted. I have a 05 busa L.E. stocked. has been running great untill about two weeks ago.. It started backfiring on me as I slowed to stop at a red light or whenever... any suggestions on why this has started happening and what i can do to stop it.. thanks in advance.

Any exhaust mods? An exhaust leak will often cause a backfire. How about the normal scheduled maintenance.. spark plugs & the like?
beerchug.gif

Have you got a FI/CLOCK light that blinks on the dash? Take it to the Stealership.

hmm.. plugs should be ok.. might want to see about synchronizing the throttle bodies. I personally like to check it every year regardless of how many miles traveled. Also double check your exhaust to be sure everything is tight.

Well if the idle being to low will cause it then maybe that could be it, b/c it was idling real low, 500rpm/ thanks to this site I adjusted it yesterday back to 1100 rpm's I have not had a chance to ride it sense the adjustment due to it has been raining here...SO I will go check the exhaust now to make sure that it is tight as well.....

Back