Busa as first bike forum...

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

Let me say that I enjoyed reading everyone's thought on the first bike forum. More common sense here in this forum than I have read any where else. Just great feed back.

Common sense. Two big words huh? I have had my Busa for one (1) week. Five (5) miles is all I put on it. Why? It's 70 degrees here in Arizona for crying out loud!

Well, I have been a little under the weather latley. My job involves many hours at different times of the day. Jet lag would be the best way to describe it. Not unusal to be up for 18 to 20 hours before I can get some rest. With that being said riding the Busa is just out of the question.

Slow reaction times. Brain in la la land. You get the drift. Cager's are aleady trying to hurt you so why add to the odds. Not trying to make excuses here folks. There is a time to enjoy this motorcycle and there are times to put another coat of wax on it. It's mine. It's not for sale. It's not going anywhere.

I also strongly agree with past posts that I need a little time with this bad boy. Yeah. Last bike was an 1800 Gold Wing. Now that's a bike! (picture attached) Why did I sell?

Well folks. My best friend, his wife and my lady friend were on our way to the Harley 100 th. event in Milwaukee. We were exhausted from riding 10 plus hours the day before. On a country road in Nebraska a pickup truck turned in front of him. His life was taken right there. His wife survied but with many injuries. My lady friend will not ride anymore. It took me almost three (3) years to buy another. I just love motorcycles.

I am not asking for pitty. We are amoung the living and must continue to do so. Everytime I think about riding my friend David will come to mind. I think about him every day anyway. It just reinforces the fact that one's attention must remain focused at all times when riding. Don't forget the proper riding gear also.

Did not mean to rattle on here. I'll switch to decafe.

hogger...

104_0422.JPG

In loving memory...

hogger...

( David is wearing the vest, I have the goofy smile )

104_0431.JPG

I think everyone has some sort of experience with the passing of fellow riders. I mean on this board alone seems to many people are getting in wrecks here lately, and moving on to the twisties in the sky. I know I have had mutliple friends lose their lives due to cagers/lack of maintenance/squidly activities.

Just be careful out there. I think the best way to honor them is to ride and be safe and spread safer riding practices to others.

gold wing is a good looking scoot
cool.gif
ya made the right choice by not giving up riding and ya know your friend is looking down on ya with a big smile upon his face
biggrin.gif
congrats on the new purchase
cool.gif

cool.gif

Welcome to the Site  
beerchug.gif

Sorry about your friend, but thing like that happen in life and will again. I congradulate you on getting up and going on with what makes you happy  
slider1.gif

I think everyone knows the risk of riding a motorcycle, especially as full time transportation.

Whenever I hear news or see videos of riders wiping out while doing stunts, speeding in traffic or weaving through traffic jams I just shake my head. That's when trouble happens w/out time to react or recover.

I know it's a thrill to perform wheelies and stunts (don't think I would start ona Busa!) but if you must do it on an abandoned air strip or parking lot and wear your freaking gear!

I hear everyone complaining about insurance rates and someone earlier stated that it's people who perform these stupid stunts, destroy their bikes and themselves because they don't wear gear that jack up rates to ridiculous proportions.

Be safe, wear gear and save the hard/stunt riding for the track or isolated areas. My .02

Back