burnt busa

chev982

Registered
Well i am still a busa owner however a fire has definalty put a hold on any riding im going to be doing. The bike is a write off!The tires are now just rolls of wire, rims and swingarm is just a pile of aluminum, engine is there but the cam shafts are showing. So does anyone have any use for this? I do have insurance, i guess im lookin for advice. if they offer me to buy it out do i keep it? Im planning on buying a new one.

JASON
2003 hayabusa
2002 KX 250

is the rear seat bracket any good?

<!--EDIT|ndufan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089231065 -->

I know when the Ins totalled out one of my cars they just let me keep it. It wasnt worth anything I sold it to a salvage yard. Well what the heck happened to you rbike? Sorry to hear about it burning up on ya. Good louck. As far as anything being used I would think not but hell some parts might still be useable

anything that was steel is in one piece, so yes the rear seat bracketr is still good, theres just no paint on it
u have some use for it? let me see what insureance says bout it, then ill let u know

i think pacific busa needed a few of the parts that should be ok on your bike... maybe worth hitting him up if they give it to you cheap or whatever.

sorry to hear about this tragedy man damn
wow.gif

Sometimes the ins. co. will let you buy it back...If they give it to you that's a plus...

What happened...
evil.gif

Sorry to hear it. Was you house ablaze or did the Busa just burn down on the side of the road?

if they let you keep it... strip it of all useful saleable parts and sell the rest to a salvage yard.

chevy982,

Sorry to hear about the bike. I hope the insurance thing works out for you.

I don't want to appear to be a scavenger, but IF (and only if) it's feasible and not too much work, I'd like a couple of the valves. I think they would make a cool paperweight. I'd pay for shipping, etc.

If you can get $$ out of the engine, do what you gotta do.

Good luck.

we had a house fire, the busa was at the back of the garage where all the action started. i was home takin a shower. mind u i did get the bike out of the garage after i took a 4 wheeler and a truck out, but believe it or not i dropped the bike taking it out. do u thinnk i could pick that thing up with burning ceiling tiles falling around me, no way. not even with the addrenaline rush
ah well thats why we have fire insureance right
as for selling any of it, im open for offers, as long as the insureance comp. gives me the rights to it. ill keep u guys posted
THANKS for everything

we had a house fire, the busa was at the back of the garage where all the action started. i was home takin a shower. mind u i did get the bike out of the garage after i took a 4 wheeler and a truck out, but believe it or not i dropped the bike taking it out. do u thinnk i could pick that thing up with burning ceiling tiles falling around me, no way. not even with the addrenaline rush
ah well thats why we have fire insureance right
as for selling any of it, im open for offers, as long as the insureance comp. gives me the rights to it. ill keep u guys posted
THANKS for everything
I know a guy who's zx12 was totalled and he bought it back for $500 from his insurance co. He fortunately didn't have much damage done, so he's going to fix everything and is 12 is paid for. The frame was fine and actually most of the plastics were fine, but the ins. co. wrote it off as a total loss. Good luck, but man I'd buy that puppy back and you'll be able to part out a few thousand at least in parts.

BD

Back