Bucket list for your home town.

Waterloo, Ohio.......Home of the Fabulous Waterloo Wonders!

From 1933 to '35, a high school team from tiny Waterloo - 02.06.95 - SI Vault

They have since torn down the old school gyn where they played and i have a piece of the interior glazed block!

Down the road in Beautiful downtown Ironton, Ohio is the site of one of the First Professional football team. Named the Tanks. They took Championships in '26 and '30 over such teams as the Chicago Bears! They were eventually bought and moved to Detroit and renamed the Lions! Ironton is also home to the longest running Memorial Day parade.
Part of the Underground Railway, Ironton is rich in history... Read about it here.

Ironton, Ohio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These days, Ironton hosts a 4 day bike rally called Rally on the River in late August. Fun time with attendance in the 20,000's.

The Waterloo Wonders would make a great movie if it hasn't already.

well i think he done said it about New Braunfels. wurstfest, the rivers and schlitterbahn, none of which we attend, to many idiots for me. no offence to anyone.

You ever go to Bubbas Big Deck and watch the drunks get out of the river after tubeing and drinking all day. Its a hoot a lot of them don't even know their slamed untill they try to stand up.

Kansas city has the WW1 museum and although I live a few miles from it I have not gone but need to. Semi and I did make it to the Jesse James home this summer and it was very cool !:thumbsup: But if you ride your motorcycle you have to wear a helmet.:whistle::poke:semi

Sounds like fun. One of those things the whole town turns out for.:thumbsup:

Yea it's pretty fun. Young and old playing in a town wide bball tourney, watching fireworks, and competing in a fireman style obstacle course. Some good times were had there but definitely too small for me.

:thumbsup: Alton is a VERY cool place.. plus they have all sorts of swanky dive bars too!! LOL

hmmm, how do you know about those? :rofl:

Kansas city has the WW1 museum and although I live a few miles from it I have not gone but need to. But if you ride your motorcycle you have to wear a helmet.:whistle::poke:semi

we'll make it there this summer.........and i'll wear my helmet :thumbsup:

Back