Brock's Ti-Winder question!

keene757

Registered
I plan on lowering and stretching out the busa but i have a concern on clearance with this exhaust when making right turns. Does anyone have info on this or links to this issue? Thanks

What kinda turns we talkin here? Simply riding along on the highway and obeying speed limit turns or sunday morning twisties? If the pace picks up and you start leaning,you gonna hit the pipe and scrape it,or worse. You will have to be very conscious of whats sticking out on the right side of your bike while riding....IMO,if its a street bike sidewinders are a horrible choice. Drag-only bike,then its perfect.
Do you really need the extra 1-1.5" of clearance the sidewinder allows???

Then I would say a sidewinder is absolutely not the pipe you want. You'd be better off getting a good quality,conventional 4-2-1 pipe such as an Akrapovic.

Apologies for assuming you were dragracing;to me stretched/lowered=dragracing,I only lower my bike when I head off to the strip.

Gotcha. Yeah i like lowering for the aesthetics and of course if i launch but definitely lowering i dont have much clearance turning but i dont do extreme twisties. So i do need every inch of clearance. Thanks for your help!

Then I would say a sidewinder is absolutely not the pipe you want. You'd be better off getting a good quality,conventional 4-2-1 pipe such as an Akrapovic.

Apologies for assuming you were dragracing;to me stretched/lowered=dragracing,I only lower my bike when I head off to the strip.

+1 that's a drag race pipe

+1 that's a drag race pipe

Gotcha! I remember when they first came out i had my 09 at the time but sold it and have been out of the loop for a while. Didn't realize it was for drag racing or mostly straight but i kept looking at it and was thinking that pipe may scrape when i lean. Glad i asked before purchasing. Going to go with alien head

All has been said. sidewinder = dragbike, alienhead, street meg = street riding :thumbsup:

Gotcha! I remember when they first came out i had my 09 at the time but sold it and have been out of the loop for a while. Didn't realize it was for drag racing or mostly straight but i kept looking at it and was thinking that pipe may scrape when i lean. Glad i asked before purchasing. Going to go with alien head

That's good pipe my buddy that has shop has a 2012 busa 4 sale with 1 on it looks great.

Alien head = :thumbsup:

Back