brock clutch mod info

OB_c_rod2000

Registered
i dont know if this has happened to anyone else but ill tell anyway. if you have the mod and install everything correctly i know of a prob. with the bolts on the drive cam. i know of 2 people that broke the heads right off from to much torque to fast. it was recommended bythem to go to a BOLT SUPPLIER and get GRADE 8 BOLTS. they are a hell of a lot stronger. i say supplier cause u shouldnt be able to find them at just any hard ware store. i might be wrong .

Question how do you get too much torque to fast I know it is a Busa but if you use a torque wrench and rachets like you are suppose to it would not happen.

yes, i broke one also (spring retaining bolts). head snapped off before i hit 7 ft.-lbs- couldnt beleive it! went and got som grade 8 bolts and some washers, feel much better about removal now.....
brock -do you have a fix for clutch plate dryness or large basket spring problem yet?...later

I have the BDE clutch mod on mine, have had no problem. Make sure you torque to specified settings. Brock I have some other ideas to talk to you about my Hayabusa, I forgot you email address (didn't put it in my planner).

i was not told if i had to put washers in. every time i hear about this mod it keeps seeming more and more unreliable. i dont drag race on an every day basis usually just stunts and stuff. i am going to experience all of these probs. to??

It works PERIOD!!!
And Brock stands behind his product PERIOD.
I use on the street and track no problems.
use a torque wrench and you will be fine.

PS there is only two ways I know of to apply too much torque to fast and those are
Air/electric gun
and not know how to use a rachet and torque wrench.

[This message has been edited by Johnnycheese (edited 12 June 2000).]

you need to secure the clutch basket or you will get a false torque reading and the torque wrench will not click i bought a knew clutch plate and welded it to a 1/4"x 1"x12"plate this worked so well i was also able to break the large not loose and torque it with no problems dont weld it in the center so you can get asocket on the large nut

-just in case people who haven't done the mod were wondering- the bolt i (and oviously some others)snapped is factory suzuki, and was already on the bike- it was not included in the brock mod...the mod makes is perfect and reliable...

This comes from Brock on the thread of lowering your busa.
It is his product why not ask him?
He is a nice person.

Anyone who needs info on the BDE lowering
links can e-mail me direct for some information.
b_davidson@msn.com
Brock

Back