brake parts

hooken203

Donating Member
Registered
I have my brake calipers split apart to send out to chrome shop. Where can I get the seal kits needed to put them back together. Besides the obvious Suzuki dealer

I have my brake calipers split apart to send out to chrome shop. Where can I get the seal kits needed to put them back together. Besides the obvious Suzuki dealer
Shouldn't be a problem unless you've really got miles on your bike. When I chromed my calipers, I just re-used the same O-rings. No problem putting them back in. One note of caution: Once you get your calipers back from the chromer, you need to inspect the insides to make sure none of the ports are plugged. When I had mine done, the chromer used a material that looked much like high temp silicone or RTV to protect the insides of the caliper from being chromed. This would have restricted flow of brake fluid throughout the caliper. I used a heavy duty degreaser that literally liquified the silicone material and it just washed right out...and it did no damage to the chrome. If I were you, I would request that all parts be thoroughly inspected and cleaned by the chromer. Although my chrome was flawless, the overall experience with the chromer was a complete nightmare (i.e. didn't send parts on time, always making excuses, lost parts, etc. etc. etc.). With all the work you go through to take parts down and prep them for shipping to the chromer...not to mention the money spent...you shouldn't have to do anything but start assembly immediately upon the return of your parts.
rant.gif
soapbox.gif
And that was my 'moment' for today. Almost like Paul Harvey's Commentary.
laugh.gif

Brian

Yeah what Barcharles said ...they are reusable

By the way Barcharles I'm headed to New Orleans this year, how far are you from there?

Back