Brake and clutch line are too short !!!!!

CATMAN

Registered
<span style='color:red'>I have installed the Genmar 1 1/4, I am trying to install Helibars as well but the brake and clutch lines are too short. Looking for a quick fix or a place to get longer lines overnighted to keep riding. Any help?</span>

Yeah, the busa's lines should be long enough for one or the other (with possible rerouting needed), but for both, you definitely need a custom setup.

The problem is, without knowing what the extended distance does to changethe length of line needed, I dunno that anyone's going to be able to get you anything overnighted. There certainly won't be a one-size-fits-all solution, I wouldn't think.

That being said, try CycleBrakes.com. They've been really good with quick answers to questions, and may be able to help you figure everything out, as well as supply what you need.

Best of luck.

(P.S. -- as an afterthought try http://www.superbikestore.com/spiegler_braking_systems.htm I dunno much about them, but they do deal in custom length setups, apparently)

They don't bother to share that stuff when they sell you the bars. You only have two choices, put the original bars back on so you can ride until you get all the parts you need or park your beloved busa in the garage until the problem is solved?

Believe it or not your best bet is finding a Mom & Pop type shop in your area....major dealership parts dept. usually only carry oem application stuff but a Mom & Pop Joint hasta survive and most in-the-know will have and use a "Goodridge Custom Build" line station....where they can simply measure full extension then add an inch then pick out the correct length lines and then they use ultra high grade compression seal fittings to then select and attach the appropriate angle banjo fittings on each end....I used'em on my FZ1 (Dual Front & Rear) and again on my Busa (Dual Front, Rear & Clutch) with no problems and zero leaks on either...great stuff, extremely versitile, ready and there when you need it at any reputable and well stocked privately owned/operated bike shops.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Believe it or not your best bet is finding a Mom & Pop type shop in your area....major dealership parts dept. usually only carry oem application stuff but a Mom & Pop Joint hasta survive and most in-the-know will have and use a "Goodridge Custom Build" line station....where they can simply measure full extension then add an inch then pick out the correct length lines and then they use ultra high grade compression seal fittings to then select and attach the appropriate angle banjo fittings on each end....I used'em on my FZ1 (Dual Front & Rear) and again on my Busa (Dual Front, Rear & Clutch) with no problems and zero leaks on either...great stuff, extremely versitile, ready and there when you need it at any reputable and well stocked privately owned/operated bike shops.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
OOOh good point. Didn't even cross my mind when I posted above to look for that.

To the original poster: Is Two Wheel World on Arkansas Lane still open? (I moved from Arlington about 5 1/2 years ago, so I dunno) They were an excellent indie shop, and if anyone would be able to help with that sort of thing, I'd think they could.

Thanks guys for the ideas, call Two Wheel World in Arlington and they can make while I wait. :)- Another problem solved.

I agree with Jinkster, find an "Indrustial" type "hydraulic hose" company in your area that makes their own hoses. I went to one here in town when I stretched my 01 Busa, brought them my stock rear brake line and they made (in like 10 mins) a stainless line (4 inches longer) for like $25 alot cheaper than any I had seen anywhere.

Back