Brain-Eating Amoeba

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
If you frequent warm waters (lakes, pools whereever) you should probably read the following article so you can be paranoid while trying to have fun and relax
biggrin.gif

On a serious note, everyone should be aware of this so you know the signs to look for, if caught quickly enough you have a chance of surviving

http://www.webmd.com/news....-summer

It's cool how this stuff NEVER EXISTED when I was a kid... or maybe uber communications makes it possible for us to be paranoid about every little thing?

It's cool how this stuff NEVER EXISTED when I was a kid... or maybe uber communications makes it possible for us to be paranoid about every little thing?
Exactly. And we ate raw cookie dough out of the bowl without worrying about the uncooked eggs in it.

I STILL eating freaking raw cookie dough and have not died yet.

Ignorance >IS< bliss!!!

Oh my what wont pass for a "warning" now days
rofl.gif

Giant squids grabbing you, sasquatch stealing dinner, Aliens spying through your window, Brain eating Amoebas, and of course the every popular, "ZX beating the Busa"...

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Oh my what wont pass for a "warning" now days  
rofl.gif

Giant squids grabbing you, sasquatch stealing dinner, Aliens spying through your window, Brain eating Amoebas, and of course the every popular, "ZX beating the Busa"...

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
Now that was funny
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Oh great 6 cases were in all in South and some in Florida, and I just moved Here!!!! What did I get myself into, no swimming for me
jump9.gif

" * May/June 2007: Angel Arroyo Vasquez, age 14, of Orlando, Fla., was swimming in an apartment swimming pool.
* July 2007: Will Sellars, age 11, of Orlando, Fla., was swimming and wakeboarding in Lake Conway.
* August 2007: Richard Almeida, age 10, of Kissimmee, Fla., was swimming and wakeboarding at Orlando Watersports Complex.
* August 2007: John "Jack" Herrera, age 12, participated in water activities during summer camp at Lake LBJ in Texas.
* August 2007: Colby Sawyer, age 22, ruptured his eardrum while wakeboarding at Lake LBJ in Texas.
* September 2007: Aaron Evans, age 14, was swimming at Lake Havasu in northeastern Arizona."

So I should up the chlorine in the white trash pool 'til our eyes burn?
tounge.gif

Actually, I had never heard of this 'til last summer when I saw in the paper that a young child had died from it...I'm sure his parents didn't know about this stuff either, and would it have made any difference in their plans? I don't know...just sad to know that having fun in the water *may* lead to something so tragic...

figures that it's only in Tx, Fl, and Az... the amoebas starved to death searching for food in the other 47 states
cool.gif

tounge.gif

Actually, I had never heard of this 'til last summer when I saw in the paper that a young child had died from it...I'm sure his parents didn't know about this stuff either, and would it have made any difference in their plans? I don't know...just sad to know that having fun in the water *may* lead to something so tragic...
its not the chlorine that makes your eyes burn...

tounge.gif

its not the chlorine that makes your eyes burn...
You're not using enough then
laugh.gif

Don't go trying to one-up me...you had to use GPS to find the MicroTel two blocks away
rofl.gif

...moving right along...

Back