Justice!

labrocha

Registered
Back in April I wrote about my son and his buddy being rear ended in his buddie's Kawasaki Mule. The boys were on a rural road with a speed limit of 25mph (illegally may i add) and not frequently traveled by much traffic other than a few people that live on that street. The boys were hit at about 60 to 70mph, so seriously injured that they were airlifted to a Trauma unit; upon arrival, My son to surgery, his buddy diagnosed by doctors had to be airlifted to a more specialized brain injury childrens hospital with a small chance of survival. Three months later this boy is still in semi coma, getting better bit by bit, and my son continues therapies for his multiple injuries and is still suffering from his Tramatic Brain Injury. this impact was so severe that the accused 58 year old mommies car which he was driving, not driveable and was taken away on a flatbed.

I asked at that time why was this scumbag ( I say this because of no remorse for the kids from witnesses at the scene)with a serious amount of prior arrests for a multitude of crimes (prior DUI conviction also)was never arrested, some people responded that the kids were at fault for being on the street and why should this guy go to jail. Accidents happen I understand! A responsible person does not put himself in this situation, especially with children present. Even if the kids were wrong for being in the street, it does not justify it. Also being drunk at 4:30 in the afternoon on a sunny weekday, no brakes applied, just drove right through them. He has had, and has still a bunch of people living the most horrible thing a parent, family member or friend can experience. Well, this morning I open up the Daily paper, three months 12 days later with a cup of coffee, there it is, two counts DUI, two counts DUI with serious bodily injury, two counts DUI with property damage and careless driving! Justice!!! Best cup of coffee I have had in three months.

May I add, police delivered his buddie's ticket (correctly so) to his parents, for driving an unlicenced vehicle on the road, and the subpeona for the court date also, but odviously his condition prohibits his appearance, so that is continued. The only thing these kids did wrong (IMO) was that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. IMO!

And for what ever reason if I should be capable of something like this, May I suffer the same consequences this man is about to deal with'.

Prayers for your son as well as other child and let's hope they actually punish the guy and don't plea it down.

Sorry for the families pain, and :please: that they make a full recovery. But unlikely there will be any justice in the court room. :down:

Best wishes sent to your son and his friend.

Hope the guy who hit them gets what he deserves.

Thank you guys for your kind words and I will give you an update on this guys fate and the boys recovery.

Ride careful!

thats an aweful situation, hope the children heal. dunno about florida, after a certain amount of dui's, certain BAC, damage, etc they become more severe violations and at some point become felonies. hopefully you guys get a civil suit (which in some states, you can go after who the cars registered with)

glad to hear they are slowly getting better... im glad i never went and played in traffic when my dad told me to

Back