BRAIDED BRAKE LINES

I got the Goodridge blue Kevlar ones for the front, but haven't got them on yet. You probably don't really NEED them for the rear, unless you are just going for the look.

But if you go on the track, the word is that they are a must-have item on the front. A 550-lb., 185-mph bike, sounded like a good idea to me, so I went for it. The Goodridge kevlar ones are supposed to be good.

Had Goodridge Kevlar Lines from Day one. Only in the Front, having them in the rear may have made the wheel lock up on you due to the Fact they're so good.
Just Bleed that front system till you get that lever Nice & hard.
And in the Rear if ya wanna just put New EBC Pads, that's ok..but Lines may be over kill And a lock up waiting to happen.

2Cents 161 ®

I got the SS braided lines and EBC HH pads on the front, dealer installed.

The right hand lilne broke out the retaining ring from and badly crrracked the front fender. Substituting a looser nylon tie at the contact on the lower fork yoke and removing the rubber grommet from the fender mounted retaining ring may give the line freedom to move without undue tension. We'll see.

The braking power of the new pads and the control feel of the lines ... superb.

I haven't done the mods yet but that will be one of the 1st to do before pipe/rmap etc. by the way putting on the rear brake line shouldn't lock up the rear wheel but it will be easier to brake hard since the lines don't flex like stock. When you do brake lines your brakes are actually not getting better just the lines are not giving as much as stock lines so you have a better feel, which I may add feels much better....but same braking pwr. I have had the opportunity many times doing these upgrades and testing on friends bikes as well as my last one......I do recommend this as well and double h pads. I recommend trying the double h pads on this and you will notice a big braking difference, I have on 98 cbr900rr/R6/R1/Gsxr600,750 etc and everyone I told to do this thanked me....just some tips for you.

check post above by richard,

the stock set up, fender mounting, is a joke and will hurt the fender if you try to run the new lines with the stock set-up;

it is easy to simply position the new line where you want them and use tie downs to keep away from fender;

If you want to stay with the stock look, the "rubber" mounts on the stock lines can easily be removed and substituted on the new, but smaller line....

with a little fiddling....

the best reason for the improved lines on the rear is in the event someone or something hits the line, cuts it, trouble,

it is true, if you use them on the rear, be careful...

do not over brake with the rear.

Fitted Goodridge SS lines and Carbon Lorraine SBK3 pads, brakes still went soft on the track, infact I ended up with no lever at all and a very scary moment! (although they are now fine on the road)

Just received a set of AP Racing pads and am awaiting a set of PFM ductile cast Iron Discs which are supposed to reduce the amount of heat trnsfered to the caliper and so reduce the tendency of the fluid to boil.

TRY:
GALFER Preformance Braking Systems
(805) 967-2726 Santa Barbra, CA
E-mail: galfer@silcom.com
site: www.silcom.com/~galfer

I stoped in the shop this week after seeing their add in Super Bike 2000 and they have Busa lines, disks, and pads in stock. They have several different colors of line to choose from, as well as types of fittings.
The General Manager Sandro Milesi said they drop ship - if you care.

I don't want to nitpick. 'HH' is a designation. What of I don't know. The stock pads are 'HH'. There are noticable differences between various manufacturers 'HH' pads.

Back