Bought my wife her first pistol

300Busa

Chillaxin...
Donating Member
Registered
Picked up this Ruger 22 45 for $100 from a buddy. It has 300 rounds through it. Hopfully it works well for my wife! Otherwise I have a great target gun to shoot for cheap!

IMAG0258.jpg

I have one identical to it. It has five or six hundred rounds through it from myself, and I dont recall a single malfunction. My neighbors also used it for their CCW permits.
I bought mine new a few years ago and think it was close to $300...you got a good deal!

good buy man. i'm thinking about picking something up for my wife as well. maybe another beretta to match mine

i like the ruger mk iii hunter, but went with the browning buckmark due to the price difference.. but thats beside the point, the point is, that everyone who likes shooting will like a .22 pistol... probably the most fun out of all my guns

My father bought one of those a long time ago...accurate lil bugger definnately a fun plink plink

That's a straw purchase, a felony.

A straw purchase is any purchase wherein the purchaser knowingly acquires an item or service for someone who is, for whatever reason, unable to purchase the item or service himself. This term can be applied to any such purchase, but it is most widely used in relation to the sale of firearms.

So what part of this makes me a felon? I am pefectly able to purchase my own firearm. Hell I hope I can buy a firearm, otherwise my law enforcement career would be over.

It's been a couple years since my class but I believe Texas requires .32 caliber or greater for the test. If you quailify with a semiauto, you can carry any legal handgun. If you qualify with a revolver you can carry any legal revolver or derringer, but not a semiauto.

It's been a couple years since my class but I believe Texas requires .32 caliber or greater for the test. If you quailify with a semiauto, you can carry any legal handgun. If you qualify with a revolver you can carry any legal revolver or derringer, but not a semiauto.

Same here Dan.

I have a 22 almost identical to it, but mine does not have a bull barrel, I like it.

I've wanted one of those forever, but can't justify it since I already have a Browning Buckmark. But I'd love to have the stainless flatside Ruger..
Let me know if she doesn't like it, I'll buy it from ya! :thumbsup:

I know we do it big in Texas but we can't shoot for our CHL with anything smaller than a 38, I think.

I am from Illinois, the only state without a conceal carry option. It is just for her to use at the range and get familar with hand guns. If she ever needed to use one of mine while I was at work, I would feel better that she felt comfortable with one. Rather than teaching her with a .40, I bought her this.

Back