Bought a new Busa

Brouse

Registered
So I have always been a sport bike guy. Have owned a dozen GSXR’s and my last sport bike was a Ducati 1198S. Loved that bike and regret selling it! However I’m getting older and all my bud’s have moved on to Harley’s. The Ducati was collecting dust and did not get ridden very often. Also the wife didn’t like riding on it. So I broke down and bout a new street glide. Was cool for a bit. Had the stereo, bags and backrest. The wife enjoyed riding on it. However, after owning it for a couple of years I just no longer enjoy riding it. Have always wanted a Busa and this new 23 Black on Black sold me. So I traded in the Harley for one. I’m like a little kid in the candy store again. Waiting on the exhaust to be installed before picking it up this week. I know it’s going to be much more comfortable than my previous GSXR’s for myself but am looking for some feedback on comfort for the wife and also some suggestions on after market rear seat with backrest and removable side bags. I see that Corbin makes a nice seat with backrest and there are a few different detachable saddle bag setups out there. Really enjoy taking the wife in ride days with other couples on their Harley’s and do not want to give that up.

Can anyone comment and provide some direction? Does anyone have the same issue? Has anyone bought the Corbin seat with backrest?

Thanks!

So I have always been a sport bike guy. Have owned a dozen GSXR’s and my last sport bike was a Ducati 1198S. Loved that bike and regret selling it! However I’m getting older and all my bud’s have moved on to Harley’s. The Ducati was collecting dust and did not get ridden very often. Also the wife didn’t like riding on it. So I broke down and bout a new street glide. Was cool for a bit. Had the stereo, bags and backrest. The wife enjoyed riding on it. However, after owning it for a couple of years I just no longer enjoy riding it. Have always wanted a Busa and this new 23 Black on Black sold me. So I traded in the Harley for one. I’m like a little kid in the candy store again. Waiting on the exhaust to be installed before picking it up this week. I know it’s going to be much more comfortable than my previous GSXR’s for myself but am looking for some feedback on comfort for the wife and also some suggestions on after market rear seat with backrest and removable side bags. I see that Corbin makes a nice seat with backrest and there are a few different detachable saddle bag setups out there. Really enjoy taking the wife in ride days with other couples on their Harley’s and do not want to give that up.

Can anyone comment and provide some direction? Does anyone have the same issue? Has anyone bought the Corbin seat with backrest?

Thanks!
Congrats on the Busa. If you don't mind having 2 bikes... keep the Busa and pick up a Concours 1400 or something similar. Been riding the Connie for 3 years... Motorcycle 16 for me... This one has all the goodies like the Corbin seat and backrest... the wife likes it... and its reliable.
I am on my 2nd gen 1 and its been down for 2 years while other things keep coming up that prevent me from putting it all back together.
Just thinking out loud here... enjoy the new Busa !

Thanks!
Seemingly quite interesting story you have owning two best motorcycles, hope you would have better rides and safe journey as well.

Lot of aftermarket for this bike, you can set it up however you want with endless options.

DSC02512.JPG

Although mine is a Gen2, I got the Corbin rear with backrest for the GF. And other gf's..

The backrest is more a back stop than a true rest. But the seat is good for long rides, just wish it had more front raise on it.
The Givi top case has been the best backrest yet though..

Thanks!
Many congratulations from me too and I hope you have many happy years with your new bike. If you've never had one before it'll be interesting to hear what you think after a few months. As others have written there are now many options depending on how you prefer to set yours up. Here's mine, set up for touring (Hepco and Becker luggage), comfort (lowered footpegs and bar risers - the rider's seat is the Suzuki alternative and I find it all day comfortable), a bit of extra performance (although completely unnecessary for road riding ) with a 4 into 1 Akropovič system and Woolwich tune plus weight reduction to improve handling (the original exhaust system is heavy! - and I've fitted carbon wheels). I ride solo so don't need the back rest which all top-case options have and whilst the passenger seat looks OK, I guess your wife will be the best judge. You'll find plenty of other alternatives from the helpful folk on here.

Hayabusa - ready to tour.jpeg

Thanks! Think I have it figured out. Going to bite the bullet and get the Corbin with the back rest. Pretty much decided on the Hepco and Becker sport side bags. Like their quick detach setup.

Back