Bought a new bike yesterday....its not a Busa

I demo rode the 2009 a few times. Tough to keep the front end down. Gotta be fun at the track! Be safe Snakers.
Posted via Mobile Device

welcome to the busa r1 owners group! lol. I love mine. Love the busa too. Two different rides!

DSC_0555.jpg

Nice looking bike. I rode my friends 06 R1 and it was a different ride. Seemed like I had to work harder to get it to turn. Don't know if it was something with his bike or that's just the way they are.

I think all the gens of R1s feel that way, you have to turn the bars an actually steer them, it's weird. Nice looking bike though, the all black looks great.
And I see chicken strips:laugh:

OMG absolute DROOOL :drool:

I've got a huge sweet spot for R1s (like the older ones better, the new ones
although great motors are way to stubby looking front and rear for me)
ESPECIALLY...the BLACK ONES.

That's smoking dude, congrats :beerchug::beerchug:

Snakes...great acquistion to the coral...someone's going to be spending lots of money on track and tires:laugh: by the way...if it isn't too personal...how much did u cough up for her?

Man, I'm such a HATER ! SWEET bike !!

I want one of those SOOOO BAD !! I'm afraid if I had that bike I wouldn't hardly ever ride my Busa ??

Snakes...great acquistion to the coral...someone's going to be spending lots of money on track and tires:laugh: by the way...if it isn't too personal...how much did u cough up for her?

5300. figured it was a decent deal

I'd say !!

I wouldn't be surprised at all, if as time goes by the Busa starts to sit more, and more.

Nah, I absolutely LOVE my busa. Took it out yesterday over the R1. I will never not have a busa, and nothing will top it. I actually like turning on the busa more and the power it has, as well as how controllable that power is...

My next step is to find someone who has the equipment and can read/write the ECU on the R1. It has this ridiculous restriction where it restricts your throttle under 5500 rpms.

There are places that have reflashed the ECU to remove this restriction (which is stupid in the first place) but they are charging a ridiculous amount for the 5 minute service.
What I want to do is get on of the flashed ECUs, read the bin on it and then write to other ECUs using that bin for the people that need it since the restriction should never have been put on there...

Sorry I can't help you out on the ECU flash.

Beautiful bike non the less

Yes you will find that having a liter bike and busa will be more like putting on different clothes... and a mood pending thing! I have a 09 1k and a 08 busa.... the busa is great for 2 up and does well for what it is! The 09 1k is for more spirited road (track use!)cornering and when I know I am not going to carry the G/F! But like life it is good to have choices! :laugh:

:beerchug::beerchug: Congrats.. I love my Busa too..
I can ride my Wife's bike any time and I never do unless she wants me to check something on it.. once and a great while ill ride it around the block before we go on a ride.. its more fun after a nice ride.. feels so not right.. huge lack of power and comfort.. Im looking into a newer Gixxer 750-1000 for her or a R1 or R6.. Im sick of my Suzuki sharing a garage with her Kawi..

:beerchug::beerchug: Congrats.. I love my Busa too..
I can ride my Wife's bike any time and I never do unless she wants me to check something on it.. once and a great while ill ride it around the block before we go on a ride.. its more fun after a nice ride.. feels so not right.. huge lack of power and comfort.. Im looking into a newer Gixxer 750-1000 for her or a R1 or R6.. Im sick of my Suzuki sharing a garage with her Kawi..

:rofl::rofl:

Back