born again busa owner with a couple of Q's

slugger

Registered
hi there, its been a looooong time since my last busa [several gixxers in between] so my memories of some of the mods are pretty rusty.......
I have just got an r2k gen1 .......... its already got a tre , I can remember how to do the box-mod and will be getting a bmc race.........also an acky system is on the way....im pretty sure I can remember what to disconnect to remove the pair system, and I shall mod my old k71000 pc3 usb to fit the busa injector harness.........im not building an out and out flyer bike this time, so will probably stick with 2 short/2 long stock stacks.......... so that only really leaves [I think] the lambda sensor......... do I need to fit a plug n play "eliminator" into the lambda harness or can I pull a wire at the ecu [for example]?
cheers
slug :)

I could be mistaken,but I believe the Power Commander will not swap over. There are far too many different values.

RSD.

Also I'm guessing yer sitting on a Euro model.Is that right? They are the only ones with that o2 sensor. If I remember there were issues with it and it was discontinued. It was a lean issue,I think.

I have something to research. :thumbsup:

RSD.

I think Dynojet has gone the way of Microsoft...no more support for older versions. :banghead:

I believe they want you to buy a PCV. Scammers.:whistle:

RSD.

thanks guys, I did wonder if an elim was needed [my k7 1000 had to have one] I believe it was just a fixed-value resistor so you could map cruise/low down without the lambda trying to lean things up........hmm so you think my k7 power commander wont work, can I ask why ? .......... the reason I ask is the k7 [like quite a lot of newish pc's] plug directy to the injectors........and therefore [in theory at least] they should be able to map any fi bike ? afterall, it is surely just interrupting stock injector duration signals and manipulating them to either open longer [to enrich] or close sooner [to lean things up] ? :)

thanks guys, I did wonder if an elim was needed [my k7 1000 had to have one] I believe it was just a fixed-value resistor so you could map cruise/low down without the lambda trying to lean things up........hmm so you think my k7 power commander wont work, can I ask why ? .......... the reason I ask is the k7 [like quite a lot of newish pc's] plug directy to the injectors........and therefore [in theory at least] they should be able to map any fi bike ? afterall, it is surely just interrupting stock injector duration signals and manipulating them to either open longer [to enrich] or close sooner [to lean things up] ? :)

Yes it appears to be just a resistor.Could probably make one.

Wouldn't you be worried about the different timing values,different injector nozzle sizes,air flow,etc ?Busa's toss in the fuel at 43PSI,dont know if thats the same flow as the 1000. Altering the signals could be done,but the PC wouldn't be able to calculate injector size or pressure. I'm no expert but if all things were the same...size,pressure at the rail,air flow,etc it might work.Me,I wouldn't "throw the dice." Its just too easy to do it right.

But as with all things..."To each his own." :laugh:

Party on garth...:super:

RSD.

I hear ya man, but all fi suzukis [and most other fi bikes] run at around 41-43 psi of fuel pressure........I am totally with you regarding base-maps [downloaded off the net maps] might be way off.........but as I will be custom mapping it anyways I really cant see the harm ? I will start with a zero map [no signal change sent to injectors] and go from there.......im 99% sure I can pull this off , and I will be sniffing all the while I make map changes obviously, so I really cant see any bad sides , unless im missing something :)

I hear ya man, but all fi suzukis [and most other fi bikes] run at around 41-43 psi of fuel pressure........I am totally with you regarding base-maps [downloaded off the net maps] might be way off.........but as I will be custom mapping it anyways I really cant see the harm ? I will start with a zero map [no signal change sent to injectors] and go from there.......im 99% sure I can pull this off , and I will be sniffing all the while I make map changes obviously, so I really cant see any bad sides , unless im missing something :)

All I can think of is...whats a smart guy like you doing installing a TRE. :laugh: :poke:

RSD.

lol years back the 6.8 k ohm tre was the bees knees........... I take it everyone has since decided its a waste of time ?

hehehe I have heard of flashing/re-writing.........and I would love to get into it, especially as most ecu's have way more functionality than a powercommander......... but these things are slow to catch on down our neck of the woods lol so something for the future me thinks..........meantime its gentle mods just to keep me happy/busy on my own bike ;)

Back