boost getting to the MAP sensor probs,

spawneng

Registered
Has anybody found a better way of stopping boost from getting to the map sensor? If I put one more check valve on my bike Ill sell it. ( there are 4 on it now and before you ask, yes their the right direction). It seems right at 3-psi is the braking point If I roll into it slow and steady alls fine. But if I hit it hard the injection light comes on and of course its a map sensor code.

Has anybody tried turning it so vacuum can pull through it but pressure closes it off, instead of bleeding it to the outside. If that makes sense. I'm not sure how the ECU would react to that, any thoughts. I've gone as far as buying a new map senor, changing my boost gauge (thinking I was over boosting) I changed my power commander and reran it over a 250-I thinking it may be lean. I'm lost, all I want is 4 to 6 psi. Is there a map sensor avail. that will accept seeing boost ( like a turbo charged car's?) What do the guys that are drag racing and using high boost numbers?

thanks in advance.
Rob

what kit?

I get a map code if I run it to red line and hit the limiter a couple times...

what check valves are you using?

if all else fails you're in indy go to dennis in cleveland... he'll fix ya up.

its a garrett turbo kit, I have stock check valves plus I have tried ones from autopart stores. and I hit 3-psi way before the rev. limiter.

thanks, Rob

<!--EDIT|spawneng
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117813976 -->

Well, to follow up. I moved the check valves closer to the throttle bodies( I left the MAP sensor in its stock location). And I have not got any errors yet. I dont know why this works.

Thanks everybody for you help.
Rob

good to hear. ask motorhead in cleveland which valves he uses. I haven't had any problems with mine.

What are you calling the map sensor. When you say you are leaving it in the stock position, where are you leaving it?? What type of regulator if any are you running??

What are you calling the map sensor.  When you say you are leaving it in the stock position, where are you leaving it??  What type of regulator if any are you running??
MAP sensor= Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor?

When I say stock location I ment to the turbo install (left inner frame rail just behind Throttle bodies. I am currently using a Vortech reg.

What are you calling the map sensor. When you say you are leaving it in the stock position, where are you leaving it?? What type of regulator if any are you running??

MAP sensor= Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor?

When I say stock location I ment to the turbo install (left inner frame rail just behind Throttle bodies. I am currently using a Vortech reg.
Correct with the Vortech but can still go in other locations. The good news it is working for you.

good to hear. ask motorhead in cleveland which valves he uses. I haven't had any problems with mine.
A TRE is a Timing Retard Eliminator. Google "Ivan TRE" without the quotes and look through the results for a good overview. I find they work, but arguments rage on.
ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhaha

are you trying to respond to my sig?
rock.gif

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAH

get it fixed? where do you have four check valves? fmu and iap sensor...what else. how many vac ports is the iap tapped into. i also bought a spark retard check valve. bigger and pass more air.

Back