Max boost w/stock ECU?

Most injectors i test on my flow bench show that over 100psi they don’t ever close or close completely.

In my opinion, while what you’ve done works, it’s far from ideal, and not a safe option of the average guy on a street ridden bike. You’re leading this guy down a slippery slope.

For a very hands on, involved guy such as yourself it will live to make a few passes. But none of the set ups you’ve listed are particularly street friendly, or safe for longevity of fmu, and injectors. I feel like all that needs to be noted.
I Kind of EXPECTED to melt it. I was hoping to get ONE good run Over my personal best
it was the last event of the year
Reflashed ECU and PCV-TPI seems to be the most user friendly way to go with a 1-1 regulator

I Kind of EXPECTED to melt it. I was hoping to get ONE good run Over my personal best
it was the last event of the year
Reflashed ECU and PCV-TPI seems to be the most user friendly way to go with a 1-1 regulator

That’s kinda what I was thinking myself.

As someone who builds and tunes I also do stuff with my personal stuff to push the limits just to see if it works. So I can definitely appreciate what you’ve attempted. But that’s definitely not a set up for the average hands off kind of guy.

Boosted, It looks like we were posting at the same time. Please take a look at my previous post. And then you've inspired another question. If I am running 42psi and stack a 3:1 on top of that (assuming it runs half way decent) I'll be around 70psi. I have stock (39#?), Medium (62#), and big (92#) injectors. I realize the correct way to do this is to run the big injectors with an ECU that can handle the fuel additional flow through tuning and 1:1 rather than jacking up the fuel pressure via FMU. You might have noticed that there is no question yet... Is 70psi safe for most injectors? and Does a 3:1 seem like the best bandage for lower boost levels?

At some point the bike will get either a Holley or S60 ECU but for now I'm trying to keep it simple raceable.

Boosted, It looks like we were posting at the same time. Please take a look at my previous post. And then you've inspired another question. If I am running 42psi and stack a 3:1 on top of that (assuming it runs half way decent) I'll be around 70psi. I have stock (39#?), Medium (62#), and big (92#) injectors. I realize the correct way to do this is to run the big injectors with an ECU that can handle the fuel additional flow through tuning and 1:1 rather than jacking up the fuel pressure via FMU. You might have noticed that there is no question yet... Is 70psi safe for most injectors? and Does a 3:1 seem like the best bandage for lower boost levels?

At some point the bike will get either a Holley or S60 ECU but for now I'm trying to keep it simple raceable.

The implied purpose of an fmu is to raise fuel pressure extremely high to make up for ECUs that can’t see boost, and compensate by making injector pulses longer. So basically you’re just over clocking the injectors by ramming fuel through, with the same injector pulse as it would use NA.

Less then 100psi is fine, 90 is the ideal max. You can’t exactly walk in to tuning an fmu and say I’m not gonna exceed 70psi. You’re not really touching the fuel map much, you’re more increasing the fuel pressure until you achieve your target afr.

That’s also why multiple boost levels with fmus is never a good idea as they’re basically set up to fuel at a certain boost level.

Back