Mapping PC with Boost Controller?

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
My boost controller arrived for my turbo kit. (Multi-stage with GPS)

I am curious... If you can have different boost levels in every gear, wouldn't you need a different PC map for every boost level? I am thinking 20 pounds of boost, needs more fuel then 6 lbs. of boost. So if you had different boost setups, wouldn't you need different PC maps?

Educate me turbo folk.

Cloud

Yes you need to set up your boost with a/f etc. You also need to make sure how much boost you are using. I hope 20lbs was just an example?

20lbs was just an example...

Okay ... with the mult-stage boost controller... I could run say.. (Example)

4lbs. in first gear.
6lbs. in second gear.
8lbs. in third gear.
Full boost after that...

I have a PCII which can only hold one fuel/air map. Won't you need different maps for every gear? (That are has to be something to this...)

cloud

I my case the Fuel Management Unit does this automatically...It's preset for 6pds and delivers fuel at 71pds of pressure and as the boost increases the fuel pressure also increases...So your PC should already be set for maximum fuel delivery it's the FMU or like device that actually boost the fuel flow...

Thanks...
biggrin.gif
now that is starting to make a little more sense...

Is the PC still necessary?

It appears that it is...The Velcity stage 2 actually has a piggy back computer system that evidently upgrades and takes the place of the FMU that I have on my system...

Thanks. I have a new FMU and the piggy back injectors. It sounds like I am not going to need the PC...
biggrin.gif

CLoud

Back