"boom"new cali busa

MANONTHEMOON

Registered
Well , i would like to say im a proud owner of an 06 silver and grey,Busa.."what im talking bought" any ways i got it last week on july 27 and its been great...lots of road and highway by my house like route 66 and open roads to my self ,like the otheir day i went down this dry lake bed that had a paved road down it for about 3 to 4 miles,,,but i only could go about 105 due to break in period of 5,500RPMS...Can anyone tell me what RPMS to change gears at,i know the book said 1-2 gear is 12mph,2-3 19,3-4  25,4-5 30. ect ....i do that but it seems to quick and thats abought 2-3 thousands rpm's,if that,so ive been going up to 3-4 thousad....feels like im geting more out of it//
Give me feed back pls,im want the best  4 the busa...well thx 4 having me here and u all rock....link below with pics..enjoy...ill add more pics to my site later...

CLICK 4 MY BUSA PICS AND A COOL VIDEO

Is it Steven or Andy?
smile.gif

Nice scoot. I generally shift around 4 to 4500 in town... between 7 & 8 if I am running her...

You should just do the "ride it like you stole" it break-in. Really, do a search for Break in and you'll see what I'm talking about. I always shift at around 6500-7500 and obviously deal with the lousy mileage, when I peg it I just shift clutchless at the limiter...

06 silver/gray? Do you mean some other year?

My Firefox was giving me some errors viewing your link so I just said "screw it" and didn't get to see your photos. Just upload some here. It's pretty simple.

Since I hadn't ridden a sportbike in 6yrs when I got my 06 busa I just took it a little easy... but I did get it up over 110 right off the bat on my ride home down the freeway. I think you just need/should keep the bike under 9k (if you follow the manual and do the safe way) in the lower gears for the break-in. I don't see why you shouldn't take it to high speeds, though. Just shift properly when the engine starts to scream and use higher gears for higher speeds for the break-in. I would take it easy at times and I'd also blast off for quick speed bursts. So I cannot honestly say if I broke my bike in properly! Riding the busa is an addiction! It's hard to ride it slow... literally! It wants to go fast and so does anybody who sits on one.

It's been debated here whether or not people should follow what Suzuki says for breaking it in or to follow what some others say.... Personally, I'd just take it easy in the lower gears and just be patient. 600 mile 1st service could actually be achieved in a day or two!!! LOL!

So, in my opinion... upshift when the bike starts to make "noise"... you'll feel it.

Another thing...

The more you ride the bike and experiment with the power, you'll see what it can really do in each gear. I'm still riding the bike as if it was my first day! I take it out around town just for joyrides every chance I get.... too much fun to let it sit in the garage!!!!

If you mean 06 LE (that would cover the color correction!) then I'm sorry....

There is no silver/gray for 06.....

There is red/black, black/gray *mine, blue/silver, LE white/gray accents........ that's it!!!!

So... callling your bike silver/gray must mean (to me and others) that yours is not an 06..... so did you make a typo? Did your seller do you wrong? .......... Please explain........ I love to hear busa stores.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can rely on you to get the whole story Pan!

Welcome to the org, manonthemoon!

congrats on your new scoot, but please don't ride like the idiots in the video. 160plus mph doing a wheelie in highway traffic is just plain stupid. Notice all the brake lights come on as they fly past cars on both sides at mach speeds. Doesn't make for good PR.

well all, my Busa is blue and grey, now thats 4 the record!!!and P!!
wow.gif
. Anyways.....i must be breaking Busa in just fine then,Thx 4 the input!!!!
"News Flash" Busa Has been scratched...was giving my wife a ride
blush.gif

and i was trying to turn on an up hill grade and i she begain to lay down ,so i gave it "all i got captain",but with 2 people i just coudnt hold it but afew xtra second more,so she wouldnt get scratched to bad,about 8 or 9 little scratches,size of a pin head,like me
sad.gif
.....i am so upset,im just glad my wife was o.k.,,,little scrap on elbow..not a good day 4 the Busa Nation"sorry" lol ,anyways ..the pic i show, is only in one are ,thier is anothier area alittle higher up by the Busa symbol...but it didnt scratch that ,,thank God..anyways "Later"

scratch2.JPG

boy are you in for a treat! Whenever you can go past 7,000 rpm hold on cause she really rips all the way to redline.
ps, i'm a big wuss for proper break-in so just keep doing what you're doing and you will have 600 miles before you know it.

wow.gif
blush.gif

and i was trying to turn on an up hill grade and i she begain to lay down ,so i gave it "all i got captain",but with 2 people i just coudnt hold it but afew xtra second more,so she wouldnt get scratched to bad,about 8 or 9 little scratches,size of a pin head,like me
sad.gif
.....i am so upset,im just glad my wife was o.k.,,,little scrap on elbow..not a good day 4 the Busa Nation"sorry" lol ,anyways ..the pic i show, is only in one are ,thier is anothier area alittle higher up by the Busa symbol...but it didnt scratch that ,,thank God..anyways "Later"
I dropped my new 06 too (my fault on a crappy gravel driveway with a big hole) so don't feel bad.... and it ain't a big deal... shid happens. Just be glad you didn't lay it down at speed!

wow.gif
blush.gif

sad.gif
Color Rite pen will fix that up in no time....

Back