Body Position

okay, Ima post up my personal busa on track observations. remember, this is ONLY me talking. I get off a LOT! so much , it probably looks stupid. But, the busa is a WIDE bike and scrapes a lot of leaned too far, I prefer to keep it upright and hang my weight off like a monkey "hiking" off the side of a catamaran. Plus it takes a lot of movement on switchbacks and that is a lot of fun leap from side to side on the bike.

I slip my entire BUTT off the seat to where the inside of my calf is pressed tight on the bike, I slide my chest off the side of the tank, and have one arm stretched across the tank, looking thru the mirror that is not there. At that point, it's easy to scrape knee, but usually I don't as long as I know where the pavement is with a quick feel. Personally, I think it looks stupid cuz I have long legs [seen it on video] but my ridding buddy is impressed I can toss that pig bike around like that. That said, I'm not that fasteston the track by far - still in intermediate group and get passed by the better half, and pass the slower half.

The busa is not a track bike, so I don't think you can ride it just like one. My personal experience opinion.... even though, I too, take mine out and pretend it's a track bike and have a freaking ball!!

Since I've gotten somewhat more consistant, I have not seen ONE freaking track side photographer!
I go to trackdays and I get is these steenking videos!!!
Like I said, probably not the best positioning, but it's all about how YOU feel on YOUR bike, the control and feedback, and comfort level. In this turn, my head is up to far and too centered also.

lean.jpg

Back