Just got home from my 1st Track Day

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
Everything I heard about TD's was true. The most fun, and yet learning at the same time I've had on the Busa. Although I didn't get to scrape my knee, I ground down the boot tips and scraped some other things. Even with the Busa lowered she handled the track easily allowing me to bead the tires, so much fun. It'll take me a couple days, but I have on board video and one of the guys will be giving me some corner footage from his camera. I'd like to extend my appreciation for all those that offered input on TD's, having fun, etc....its a blast. We're already talking about doing a "reunion TD" once a year, since most of us will leave and live in different parts of the world.

Charlie

ive heard alot about how much fun trackdays are. im really looking forward to doin one myself. glad ya had a blast!!! cany wait to see the footage
super.gif

I am going to my first next month at Barber in AL. I am a little nervous, but that's just because it a new thing... the bike for the most part is ready for the track, engine ice (may change to water wetter and water), mirror block offs, oil filter and fill cap safety wired, new tires (will only have a couple few miles on them), personal protective equipment.

I will be doing my first this summer when I got out and visit Steven (tufbusa) in Washington....
biggrin.gif

Post track ride pics (sorry didn't have the still camera at the track). My buddies 2006 Yamaha R6, low sided thru a turn, and he stood her up two other times to ride off the track from going in too hot. Nice track, too hot, stand her up and ride off into the dirt, slow down and get back on the track!

Video will up later this w/e, trying to upload it now, if it dont work I'll have my buddy edit it and then post it.

Excellent! I was really nervous on my first ride out on to that wide, intimidating pavement, but MAN it is so fun after that.

Did ya see any ZX-12r's or ZX14s out there? ;)

Depending on the organization you work with, and the track it can be around $175. That doesn't include all the prep-work you need to do to the bike (tires, fluids, trailering, hotel/motel, etc.).

It is definitely a blast. It really helps if you can go with someone who has done a track day before.

GREAT VID!!  
beerchug.gif

Welcome to the addiction my friend!! HAHAHA!!! NOW YOU'RE FOREVER HOOKED!!

Join us at Miller Motorsports Park this september. See Charles' thread.

(Revolution @ Feb. 17 2007,16:28) is the insurance on the bike still active while at the track?
I dont know about that, but, I know if I were on my way back from the track and bike came loose and "fell" off the trailer GEICO will cover that
smile.gif

Back